Lt. Commander
# 11
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
When you pay $25 for something, it should be maxed out awesome without having to add all sorts of buffs to it. I bet fully buffed it still cant one shot a frigate.
...tell that to the $20 ships whose consoles are either broken or worthless.

The reason the wide-angle torpedo does less damage is because it has double the angle to fire from, which means you can fire it as a broadside; hence, more damage potential for cruisers.
Captain
# 12
08-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehen View Post
...tell that to the $20 ships whose consoles are either broken or worthless.

The reason the wide-angle torpedo does less damage is because it has double the angle to fire from, which means you can fire it as a broadside; hence, more damage potential for cruisers.
Tell that to the peeps who think they should be able to toss a torpedo out of an airlock and simple activate it's engine.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 13
08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Tell that to the peeps who think they should be able to toss a torpedo out of an airlock and simple activate it's engine.
For that matter, why do we even need launchers when we can just beam them somewhere and let them loose that would be fun.

You are a peadge. And you are a peadge. Everybody is a peadge!
So much floof.
Empire Veteran
# 14
08-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Is it too much to ask to blow up one damn ship with it? C'MON MAN! Or should I say C'MON AL! Fleet Defense Invader ships are brushing off the Riker maneuver like Im tickling their back. I just paid $25, give me ONE Super weapon, sheesh, is that too much to ask?

And its sad my crafted MK XI quantums are way more powerful than the Wide angle launcher. At least make it as powerful as the Qs I can craft, sheesh. It makes it a liability to have it fore or aft.

Its not fair Al that you have ungodly strength in the starbase event ships and we cant have fun with at least 1 super weapon to instantly blow up at least one of them.
Do you find the PvE in this game that hard? Really?

Oh and while I'm here, you can even call me a n00b for asking, but what's a "Riker Maneuver?"
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Captain
# 15
08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
After the metreon gas finishes coming out of the nacelles, a little 3 sec timer thing counts down in the weapon tray. If you havnt prematurely detonated it already, which I was guilty of many times, it changes its graphic to indicate its ready for YOU to ignite it. But to not prematurely detonate, you have to hold weapons it seems until its done spraying. While you are holding weapons, your enemy is not. I think the prematurity should be taken out of it and only let ownship detonate it. Ive flown right at siege destroyers and the like. I can hear their captains laughing in space after the explosion. Im not spec'd for plasma, but still. Considering the ridiculous beating starbase attackers can take, it would be nice to drop the toughest of them to 60% health with one good fart in their face. Even with 60% left, they still take forever to take down unless 6+ ships are all focusing on it.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Captain
# 16
08-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
so the base damage from the cloud is 2040.4 damage/second for 5 seconds

add in 3 [Console - Tactical - Plasma Infuser Mk XII] and it goes up to 2940.4 damage/second for 5 seconds.

not worth it.

and running 3 plasma energy tac consoles means you have to use plasma weapons. so that rules out PVP since every STF shield has plasma damage resistance built in to it.

so this console is not viable for pvp in my opinion
I'm pretty sure it's plasma kinetic, not energy. On the one hand that's good: you don't have to use plasma energy weapons and it does kinetic rather than plasma damage in PvP. On the other hand, you can only buff it by taking plasma kinetic consoles, which on a three console ship is not really a possibility.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
So how exactly does the metreon console work? Does it create a gas cloud behind the ship like eject warp plasma? How long does the gas cloud last? Do you detonate it by targetting the cloud with your weapons?

I would love to see a Youtube video of a Regent in action.
Captain
# 18
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Do you find the PvE in this game that hard? Really?

Oh and while I'm here, you can even call me a n00b for asking, but what's a "Riker Maneuver?"
Riker Maneuver. See YouTube and search for it, you'll see.

No, PvE isnt hard. But just now I flew up behind a siege destroyer to fart on it, and before I could come over top of it, the fat bastard one shots me with I dont know what. Im all for tough enemies, but when you are charging $20-25 for ships, their consoles should be giving their captains the same amount of smiles as the starbase attackers are getting after Al Rivera buffed them way over the top. Must be nice to have an inside man like Rivera working for the enemy, giving away all Starfleets secrets and how to get past our shields to one shot us. Id like to bring a pitchfork group to Al's house and try him for treason against starfleet, lol. If they can have mass destruction weapons, we should to. If you need to add more enemy ships to chew through, ok, but let us get a kick out of one shoting the enemy too. Its called FUN. I want more of it in battle for my money.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Empire Veteran
# 19
08-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Oh that's right explode the metreon gas for a Riker Maneuver. I remember the episode now.

Wow, the late 80s were a while ago.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Rihannsu
# 20
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x1K97JZG0
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.