Lt. Commander
Whenever i login, it takes forever for earth space dock to load, one time it took 20 minutes for it to load, another time it took so long to load that it simply said "Press Any Key". ESD never took this long to load since before the 2800 series was removed from the featured episodes list. Afterwards, ESD just takes forever to load.

I know ppl are gonna say "just goto another space station" but this happens when i login and throughout, plus Club 47 is my afk spot and for checking my doff assignments and such. I cant post anywhere else but here because im not a subscriber so im posting it here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 10:27 AM
One thing you could is to figure out if it might be lag from connection.
As I have no trouble, other than when heavy loads of people online, loading anything, it might and I said MIGHT be at your end. There can be certain times where loading are more difficult than others so if you try loggin on, on different hours and see if theres any difference at all.
The increasing amount of lag issues can also come from old patch files. I usually, when it seems slow, delete the folders containing those in order to remove old data that can corrupt or interfere with the game and get a slight increase in loading.

It's listed up on forum topics.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm having this same problem. I haven't been on the same since early March. When I was last on the game, I had no problems at all, and ESD took only seconds to load. (Usually no more than 30 seconds) Now today I've been playing and I've encountered long load times when switching to other sectors (An example is entering the Regulus sector, which took about 5 or so minutes)

After completing a mission, I decided to Transwarp back to ESD. I sat on the same loading screen for 2 hours, which finally froze at 97.36. Thinking it might've ben a game crash, or patching issue, I closed the game, and changed the launcher settings to disable on demand patching. This caused the launcher to patch the entire game all at once before allowing me to launch.

After the completed patching, I launched the game and loaded up my character. who happened to be located at ESD. Now i'm sitting something like an hour and half later STILL waiting for ESD to load so I can get OUT of the map... How is this game worth playing if areas take hours to load?

NOTES:
1. Old patch files are not an issue since this is actually a new install. Reinstalled my operating system, drivers, and this game. Installation files are verified as being correct.
2. No hard disk errors, or heavy disk fragmentation are present.
3. This is not a connection issue. I have cable high speed internet. None of my other computers have any speed/lag issues.
4. This is specific only to this game. I play other PWE games and never have any long loading times like this. Longest load time in any other game I play is no more than 60 seconds.

EDIT 1. On this try, it's been sitting at 93.92 for the last half hour.

EDIT 2. After waiting more than 2 hours on the ESD loading screen, I was rewarded with another screen that says I was disconnected from the server.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Don't count on anything being done about this. It has been an issue for the last year or so. It goes and comes back with no word from Devs/GM. At least not to my requests for support/information.

Either way it's been here for a long time and it will be here for a long time to come. Especially when they have cash generating schemes to play with.

Yes, I'm bitter about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Sadly, the problem is that ESD is suffering from an incredible overflow of players for various reasons, including it being the focal point for early gameplay, having a club(?), hosting various Q-related events from time to time, and so forth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn
Sadly, the problem is that ESD is suffering from an incredible overflow of players for various reasons, including it being the focal point for early gameplay, having a club(?), hosting various Q-related events from time to time, and so forth.
But it HANGS... if I force STO to quit and reload it, I get in instantly, all the time. If it was high traffic I would just hit the same queue, but I don't. Relogging get's me straight back in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I just tab out, answer an email, tab back in and it's usually ready for a click when I see it sitting there on the count.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I've also noticed that hubs take quite a bit longer to load, but I usually put it down to more people being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoyosakagami1
...another time it took so long to load that it simply said "Press Any Key".
I know ppl are gonna say "just goto another space station" but this happens when i login and throughout, plus Club 47 is my afk spot and for checking my doff assignments and such. I cant post anywhere else but here because im not a subscriber so im posting it here.
The "Press any key" thing happens when you alt-tab out, or go to another program, and it finishes loading while you're away.

Completely unrelated, but you check DOff assignments in other places too, right? Because some stuff is only available in certain sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny42 View Post
Don't count on anything being done about this. It has been an issue for the last year or so. It goes and comes back with no word from Devs/GM. At least not to my requests for support/information.

Either way it's been here for a long time and it will be here for a long time to come. Especially when they have cash generating schemes to play with.

Yes, I'm bitter about it.
Hey Ive seen this before but how are u and other people are able to make pictures like that with ur ship or captain or both?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgster93
Hey Ive seen this before but how are u and other people are able to make pictures like that with ur ship or captain or both?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249694 <-- about screenshots

Using those screens, use an image or vector editing program like Photoshop or MS Paint or Gimp or Inkscape.

Just thought I'd throw that out there before this thread was locked.

Edit: or maybe it won't be, since you've just barely escaped 30 days old