# 1 Ultra Rare Hangars
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
STO Wiki calls them Ultra Rare, the fleet holdings tab calls them Very Rare. What are these hangars, and whats their deal? Are we getting any new aircraft or are they just like the advanced hangars but with one more ability or weapon?
Career Officer
# 2
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Most of the advanced pets are "Rare" (Blue)... Nobody is at T5 Science AFAIK.. but the vast majority including myself assume its just better hangar pets.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Pretty much what Gypsy above said. It's gonna be AWHILE before we start seeing any tier 5 science areas on a starbase, I have a hunch a lot of fleets are focusing equally, or on just engineering or tactical.

Commander
# 4
08-17-2012, 07:05 AM
As a carrier user I am wondering also what that is. I hope that it is purple versoins of our fighters. Or that the Feds get a BoP.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 5
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Seeing as fleet gear goes "Advanced" than "Elite"... we currently have "Advanced" pets from the dil store.. Now picture what an Elite Fek'Ihri Frigate could do
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Seeing as fleet gear goes "Advanced" than "Elite"... we currently have "Advanced" pets from the dil store.. Now picture what an Elite Fek'Ihri Frigate could do
So that means that we, lone wolfes, are not able to claim new advanced gear... This is ridiculous to make top gear available only for those that are in fleet.(
Ensign
# 7
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
So that means that we, lone wolfes, are not able to claim new advanced gear... This is ridiculous to make top gear available only for those that are in fleet.(
Is it? There's so much effort that has to be put into gaining advanced and elite fleet items, why do you think those without a fleet should not have to put in the effort to gain these rewards?

These items after all are something to work towards, and if everyone could get them without much hassle at all, why would you want to play the game for very long?
Captain
# 8
08-17-2012, 09:08 AM
The 'starbase takes time and resources and so they deserve...' yada yada yada is a really stupid argument. A player can simply join the fleet that has those items, GET the items and LEAVE.

How rewarding is the system then to the 'fleet'? They're just **** to be sucked dry and dumped when they are no longer needed.

In fact that is EXACTLY what will happen server wide. People who are now in big fleets are in them for self-interest not 'for the fleet'. They are getting their fleet marks and resources and when the fleet gets to the tier that has the items they need they will get them and GTFO.

When fleets hit tier 5 people will flock to those and leave the tier 3 or so smaller fleets in droves...and those tier 3 smaller fleets will either wither and die because no one will join them or HOPE that some desperate people join them just to get fleet marks. In any case, the smaller fleets, in the shadow of already established tier 5 fleets will likely never reach tier 5.

We are seeing that right now. Tier 3 fleets give access to the first good fleet refit ships and items. Many fleets have lost a lot of people right after they got their ships and advanced fleet stuff that is non-consumable and joined bigger fleets to speed up their path to tier 4 and 5.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Ensign
# 9
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The 'starbase takes time and resources and so they deserve...' yada yada yada is a really stupid argument. A player can simply join the fleet that has those items, GET the items and LEAVE.

How rewarding is the system then to the 'fleet'? They're just **** to be sucked dry and dumped when they are no longer needed.

In fact that is EXACTLY what will happen server wide. People who are now in big fleets are in them for self-interest not 'for the fleet'. They are getting their fleet marks and resources and when the fleet gets to the tier that has the items they need they will get them and GTFO.

When fleets hit tier 5 people will flock to those and leave the tier 3 or so smaller fleets in droves...and those tier 3 smaller fleets will either wither and die because no one will join them or HOPE that some desperate people join them just to get fleet marks. In any case, the smaller fleets, in the shadow of already established tier 5 fleets will likely never reach tier 5.

We are seeing that right now. Tier 3 fleets give access to the first good fleet refit ships and items. Many fleets have lost a lot of people right after they got their ships and advanced fleet stuff that is non-consumable and joined bigger fleets to speed up their path to tier 4 and 5.
QFT

Time to start hoarding those construction materials. The Fleet Mercenary industry is about to boom.
Career Officer
# 10
08-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post

Could be worse - it could be like that crapfest 'Eve online' where players routinely steal other player's equipment etc, and if your ship is destroyed in battle then you no longer have a ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Closed Thread