Career Officer
# 11
08-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
So that means that we, lone wolfes, are not able to claim new advanced gear... This is ridiculous to make top gear available only for those that are in fleet.(
When is an individuals power greater than a Fleets?

I've personally spent well over 1.5million dil, hundreds of doffs, and other resources.

We didn't get these items for free.....
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Rihannsu
# 12
08-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I didn't wanted to say that you don't deserve. You get what you work for, is right. But giving superior gear to only fleet guys is incorrect. Player decides himself to join fleet or not, fleet is a clan/guild after all. I think this strategy with rewarding fleets with superior equipment will make game imbalanced for "lone wolfes" or to those that are in small fleets, with little resources.
I have a feeling that with this Season 6 update, fleets turned into something "must". While fleet/guild/clan has to be a social tool.
Commander
# 13
08-17-2012, 10:46 AM
taut0u. It is not unbalanced. It is working like it was supposed to. To get rid of the lone wolfs. STO pretty much wants everyone in a fleet. It also gives STO a way to make money. If there was nothing good at the end of a SB then why would anyone throw stuff away to get there? If you want the gear then you will have to join a fleet. Or hope that it can be sold on the exchange.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 14
08-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
I didn't wanted to say that you don't deserve. You get what you work for, is right. But giving superior gear to only fleet guys is incorrect. Player decides himself to join fleet or not, fleet is a clan/guild after all. I think this strategy with rewarding fleets with superior equipment will make game imbalanced for "lone wolfes" or to those that are in small fleets, with little resources.
I have a feeling that with this Season 6 update, fleets turned into something "must". While fleet/guild/clan has to be a social tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
taut0u. It is not unbalanced. It is working like it was supposed to. To get rid of the lone wolfs. STO pretty much wants everyone in a fleet. It also gives STO a way to make money. If there was nothing good at the end of a SB then why would anyone throw stuff away to get there? If you want the gear then you will have to join a fleet. Or hope that it can be sold on the exchange.

Kyle
When you think about it.. it makes sense... "lone wolves" always had subpar gear compared to an entire Fleet

You can't Voyager because the ship in itself did come from a large fleet. So in some instances during the series it was seen as superior and inferior technology.

I'm in a small Fleet... only a handful extremely active.. I'm in the top 5 leadership for our KDF faction.. with 3 toons

But I pose a question for @kylesal24: What would suggest they do to balance this out?

By the time I get these hangar pets I will have paid well over 3million dil along with hundreds of thousands of resources. Should we add end game Fleet rewards to the Dilithium store? Lets say, charge people 200k Dilithium for a single elite carrier pet.

Where is the balance? Lone wolves would shout "Hey, that's way to high"

If they happen to lower it to something reasonable say 75k. Fleet people will shout "I have to pay way more and grind for T5 science"

What's a good balance that "lone wolves" can afford without screwing over people throwing tons of resources into the same items.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.

Last edited by gypsyblade; 08-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Rihannsu
# 15
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
It also gives STO a way to make money.
This.
As for me, I only expressed my concern regarding this issue. I want that everyone, regardless of play style, could enjoy game valuably. Anyway, I hope that efficiency of my vessel won't drop much after all this changes.
Commander
# 16
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
gypsyblade, I did not say there was a fix for it. I don't think there is one.

Look, to both of you. I don't like it. I was a lone wolf till a few weeks ago. The reason they added endgame gear was so people would buy Z-points to trade for Dil. Which has happened a lot because the market is down to 190. This is another money grab for PWE, and it will be till someone hits tier 5. Once that happens there are a lot of different outcomes that could happen.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 17
08-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Could be worse - it could be like that crapfest 'Eve online' where players routinely steal other player's equipment etc, and if your ship is destroyed in battle then you no longer have a ship.
Sounds like someone isn't very good at games where actions have consequences...
Career Officer
# 18
08-17-2012, 12:25 PM
A bit more on topic... I expect that fleet leaders of Tier-5 fleets will be able to charge a pretty large entry/joiners fee.
Career Officer
# 19
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Everything is gonna be a money grab, as I've said before...

"The Game is Free to Play, Not Everythings for Free"

None of resources I used to donate to my fleet was purchased with real cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
A bit more on topic... I expect that fleet leaders of Tier-5 fleets will be able to charge a pretty large entry/joiners fee.
Yes they will, in fact I expect a vast majority of people joining these fleets. Will be aying these prices, purchasing what they want, then returning to their home Fleet.
Captain
# 20
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
As a "lone wolf" I was incredibly annoyed by the cool fleet stuff and ships I keep hearing about.

I've got a a Defiant-R with Mk XII weapons and a Mk XII set. I'd love to get my hands on the fleet version of the Defiant or Armitage. But then again, I don't PvP. So where am I going to go that I will be outmatched in T5+ ship?

In STFs the Mk XII gear isn't that much different than the Mk XI, or even Mk X, gear. The only difference is the costumes for ground sets. The Fleet stuff seems to be just a different end game grind. To be top dog and/or to do well in fleet events, you want fleet gear and ships that you get by doing fleet events.

If I saw a fleet ship in the C-Store would I buy it? I might. When the Odyssey pack came out I seriously thought about it. At the end I decided against it, but not because it would have cost me 50USD. But then how do you deal with fleet members screaming about all the time and resources they put in to their starbase to get the ship? Add a dilithium or fleet mark requirement? I could live with that. I'm not in a fleet but I can still get fleet marks.
Closed Thread