Ensign
In the past there was a friends panel on the home screen of STO. And in case of I logged in, I saw who is online from my friendlist.

It is disappeared for me some months ago, but still missing. Is there any possibility to get this info back somehow? (of course without logging into the game)

And my other question is that, how can I filter out the none Sto messages from rss?

Thanks,

G8472
Career Officer
# 2
08-17-2012, 05:21 AM
You can't get the friend list back, they took away that feature along with reading your mail through the site.

As for the RSS, I don't use it so I'm not sure, but from my experience with RSS feeds you can't filter out news. Maybe someone else has a better answer for this though.
Community Moderator
# 3
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8472hg View Post
And my other question is that, how can I filter out the none Sto messages from rss?
If your RSS reader can filter on the Category, "STO News" should be on all the STO posts.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Community Moderator
# 4
08-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh; and one way to get your "friends online" capability back would be to set up an XMPP client:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=159864

If you're not signed up for Tribble, don't forget to do that step first. (It's in the post.)

I personally use Pidgin for this; that's not an endorsement, it's just that I know it works. If you have a favorite XMPP (Jabber) client, it'll probably work too.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 5
08-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Thank you very much ,it is great solution for my problem to see my friends.