Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-17-2012, 10:37 AM
No
it didn't
he was potty at that point

He was "hearing voices"

so unless you think joan of Arc was assimilated by the british??

But yes incursion is THAT broken that you can get characters facing the borg there
Rihannsu
# 22
08-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
No
it didn't
he was potty at that point

He was "hearing voices"

so unless you think joan of Arc was assimilated by the british??

But yes incursion is THAT broken that you can get characters facing the borg there

You do know when you are fighting Borg in space and you see the red alert boarding "lights" on your screen, the Borg have boarded your ship and are Assimilating your ship and crew.

About Joan of Ark, heck I wasn't alive then, maybe she was. (what does she have to do with a Star Trek game anyway)
@EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
[
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I wonder how he does STFs since you can be assimilated during them not to mention the fact even the normal mission drones can "infect" you with nanites... pretty much every ground and space Borg can either assimilate you or infect you with nanites as one of their powers.. it happens pretty much every single fight.. he must delete a lot of toons or just do no endgame content
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
The second

After I completed all of them i STOPPED

and yes its cost me 2 VA level characters so far
only Three made the cut

"endgame" is nothing if you are dead
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
The second

only Three made the cut

so you have endgame characters that you won't let do any of the endgame content ... well they sound useful
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-17-2012, 11:51 AM
VA's are Desk rank
(retired)
some of them are still running story missions (but are safely past the Borg now)
One has retired entirely and now merely acts as Command and control for my Alt fleet

See "end game" means "game over" for some of us

Now I have enough Alts i can be playing GOOD (non STF ) content for several YEARS
Any new content is worth more than 30 Times as much to me

I expect eventually to have a full set of retired characters
and THEN ill start a new account
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
if you character is retired than he no longer has a rank

I find it odd tho that you would willingly ignore the largest section of content... I mean leveling is fun but very short for an MMO... like a day and a half of /played time to get from Lt. to VA. just doing missions... and how is repeating STFs over and over and different than starting new toons and repeating the story missions over and over...

Last edited by liquidacid29; 08-17-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Community Moderator
# 28
08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
The second

only Three made the cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidacid29 View Post
so you have endgame characters that you won't let do any of the endgame content ... well they sound useful
I wouldn't do it myself, but I figure it's sollvax's business what he does with his own characters.

It's one way of making the game extremely challenging, if you look at it that way. It's not any more far-fetched than the folks who wanted a hardcoded permadeath option.

"Win or die."

How many players can claim a character that's played through each STF to the end and never lost a battle against the Borg? According to him, he's got three of them.

If the main goal is building characters for PvP, then that endgame content is only good for obtaining the gear you want and can't get any other way.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Naval and starfleet officers above COMMANDER retain title until death
And Retired as in "desk job" like dear old Quinn

who incidentally is only a RA at best
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'm with you on this one.

I said in another thread that I felt it out-of-character for the Borg to fart around sabotaging when they are famous for assmiliation. Another poster pointed out that they could be sabotaging prior to, or to faciliate, assimilation, but not convinced - their method of sabotage IS assimilation. The don't beam aboard and break things - they assimilate them. Starbase 82 (from Infected Space) being an excellent in-game example.

The Borg's presence, and out of character actions, in Incursion ARE best explained away by it being a holoprogram.
Its been explained a number of times that the Borg we are dealing with now are not the same Borg we have known from the shows. They dont behave like classic Borg. The STFs were supposed to open all of this up and reveal whats made the Borg change. But Cryptic has lost sight of all of that.