Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
Lets face it...the grind for fleetmarks is more than annoying by now. And many are complaining about PUG's being unbareable.

So what about rewarding fleetmarks to any STF, Fleet event, Fleet action, even PVP, IF you are grouped with atleast one other member of your fleet.

I'm thinking about rewarding the group play with your fleet rather than grinding for fleetmarks with strangers.

Starting with 10 if you are grouped with one other fleet member and up to 40 if you have a full group of fleet members.

the events introduced with season 6 should still reward a little more fleetmarks (around 40-60) and should be a means of grinding for fleetmarks alone.

Give some feedback, plz...is it doable from a coding point of view? are the numbers unrealisitc?

thanks in advance for any constructive critisism! (if you only have a negative oneliner to add, do so, embarace yourself)

Edit: even a normal mission, done in a group should reward a small amount in my opinion.
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Additional

how about awarding people 1 fleet mk a day just for logging in while in a fleet

even the highest ranks could earn some them
Rihannsu
# 3
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Additional

how about awarding people 1 fleet mk a day just for logging in while in a fleet

even the highest ranks could earn some them
Nah, just pet your FM tribble.... :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Community Moderator
# 4
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Nah, just pet your FM tribble.... :p
I would, if I hadn't missed it. Unless they put in a way to earn it later on, I'm out of luck there.

On the original topic, I'm pretty sure the game engine has no real way to identify whether a fellow teammate is in the same fleet or not. Gating a mission for a 5-man team from the same fleet is not quite the same thing.

Because unlike gating a fleet-based mission, you can't assume all of the players are even in a fleet let alone that they share a fleet in common. The game would need logic built in to check every player in every mission and compare them to see who's in what fleet, then adjust the reward on the fly to include fleet marks.

I wouldn't cry if they put that in, of course, but I suspect it would fail the "Bang for the Buck" test.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lieutenant
# 5
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
How about when a player reaches level 50 instead of combining all of the experience you get with each mission and kill why not take the experience that your player would receive and convert it to fleet marks. With this system you would leave the bridge officer experience alone. I think this would work because it would make it so we dont have to grind as much and we can play any part of the game we want.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
The entire point of Season 6 is to make a grind-fest.

They do not want you to be able to earn fleet marks quickly.
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-07-2012, 03:57 AM
I think it would be great to earn fleet marks by doing foundry missions, patrol missions, and ordinary content.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 8
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
the core idea was to bring fleet members closer together by letting them do any content available do together and level their fleetbase while doing that.

as it is right now, i can do fleet events solo...i just queue up. In my opinion that is not what a fleet orinted content should be about...

i know, i can grp with my fleet members, but there is no real motivation to do that...hell there is not even enough motivation to open the fleet roster to see who is online.
Just holdings and putting DOFFs into assignments...thats my interaction with the fleet interface right now.
I know i'm not the only one doing only this. And it shouldn't be like this.
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Defera. Everyone does it for the Expertise and the Requisitions. It just so happens to come with Energy Credits and Fleet Marks.
Commander
# 10
08-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
the core idea was to bring fleet members closer together by letting them do any content available do together.
i collect tonns of marks in the last weeks and never was in any mission with anyone from my fleet .

so its not any core idea or whatever.