Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Referring to the camera bug that changes other cam's to free cam in space.

It was supposed to be fixed a few thursdays ago, and it is happening less now, but it still exists - in a slightly different way.

Now it changes to free, but the options UI does not change to match the current camera.

I am forced each time to:
1. esc (when it works)->options->controls
2. set the cam manually to free (so it matches what it actually is already set to)
3. hit OK to exit the options menu and set the new setting.
4. esc (when it works)->options->controls
5. set cam to chase again.
6. hit OK to exit the options menu and set the new setting.
7. esc (when it works)->options->controls (again because the 1st attempt doesnt work)
8. set cam to chase again. (again because the 1st attempt doesnt work)
9. hit OK to exit the options menu and set the new setting. (again because the 1st attempt doesnt work)

The bug is not at all fixed.

Fortunately it does not happen as often now, but when it does it is in fact twice as hard to fix then it was before.

Please get a fix out for this ASAP. I am sick to death of the options menu system...
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 09-12-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I am having this issue as well. Whenever I transition maps, I am zoomed in on my ship, which isn't too cool when I'm in a Negh'Var as it takes up most of the screen. I follow the same steps every time as you do realuniqueone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I am having this issue as well. Whenever I transition maps, I am zoomed in on my ship, which isn't too cool when I'm in a Negh'Var as it takes up most of the screen. I follow the same steps every time as you do realuniqueone.
Yeah it's not at all a fun bug.

I just wonder how many new players quit over these stupid bugs with basic gameplay. Cryptic/PWE must be loosing money over these things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Another month later. Still bugged.

The game-breaking camera bug has existed for over 2 months now.
Career Officer
# 5
09-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Yes, I am still having this issue as well. Any time I move to another map. It is annoying to have to adjust the camera through the options menu every time - a routine I perform constantly during my playtime.

Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 09-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi. I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still having this issue. Every time I transfer from a ground map to space the camera is zoomed in on my ship. I reset the camera every time but it does not help. Thanks.

Quote: