Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 21
08-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
hyprodimus, funny. I was thinking the same about what you were saying. So you use the Atrox with 3-piece borg and MACO shield with DHCs and Turrets?
Thats what I (and most other people) run on my escorts. You really have it backwards.

Quote:
If so then fine, but beams are not the best for this ship if you are a Tac captain.
The Atrox is not a Tactical captain ship
The End
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 22
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
hyprodimus if it was not a Tac ship then why do so many Fed and KDF Tac captains use it? If it is really that bad then why do I see more Atroxs then Armitages?

corsair114 that is the idea I try to use. The problem I have run into is that someone comes in and trolls. Meaning he brings both fleets next to each other inside of across the map. Across the map is easy and just about anything can take it down.

I couldn't really see the flay, just that your gear was not mk 12 and not anti-proton.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 23
08-21-2012, 08:23 AM
The flaw is nothing to break tractor beams, a flaw I share in my PVE loadout currently. I'm thinking of swapping one of my two APBs for an APO but I haven't really had an issue surviving a tractor in PVE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 24
08-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kondular View Post
I like the appearance of the Armitage, and the idea of the Photon defense console, alot more than the Atrox, but I've never had much success with Escorts. I'm kinda interested in the idea of going with no Torpedoes, just 3 DHCs 1 DBB fore, and 2 Turrets and a Beam Array aft.
Armitage all the way mate if your a Tactical Officer and I would use torpedoes simply because of the Photon defense console, using that in combination with Torpedo Spread III launches a massive amount of torpedoes with some very serious dps.

The Atrox is not really suited for a Tactical Officer its a Science ship so unless you have so friends or in a fleet to get others to train your Sci bridge officers your skills as a Tactical to use to be honest will be ****.

I get really annoyed when I have to play with people using an Atrox as some half assed tactical ship because they are letting the team down with there selfish playing style its a support ship and as for putting cannons on a support ship thats just lols, cannons are only effective at less than 5km given its a support ship it should be sitting around 9km from target so Beams are a better long range weapon. It gets very annoying when playing tactical with a Sci officer who won't heal or support you or the team.

But thats just me, If you like a ship buy it who really cares what others think. Just don't go letting the team down lol.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,170
# 25
08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
If anyone finds their escort to be squishy in PvE, then they need to rethink their build. There is a very good thread (stickied somewhere) on escort builds for PvE.

Serious PvE build = escort. Everything else is just for fun.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 26
08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
ariseabove, I find many many more escorts who have no idea what an escort is. Or that you are suppose to stick together where the "support" ship can help. I find that because I am in a so called "support" ship people think I can't DPS. I have out DPSed many an escort in this "weak ship that should not use cannons."

Come on. It can use cannons because it is one of the few ships that it works with. Plus the fighters just add to it. And please, I stay about 3 KM from my target. That is closer than most escorts, most of them sit at 7.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 27
08-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Serious build can be ANYTHING. Not just escorts.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 229
# 28
08-21-2012, 11:41 AM
It's depressing when someone says they can afford a Real Money item, but not a in-game money item.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 960
# 29
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonxx View Post
It's depressing when someone says they can afford a Real Money item, but not a in-game money item.
I disagree. Saying you can afford a real money item implies that you have enough money to throw down Cryptic/PWE's hole. That means you're either making money or cavalier with money, and either way, that can be interpreted as a positive (more the former than the latter).

The converse is that in-game money items cost time, and time is money. Some folks grind for weeks or even months to buy a high-end ship or enough Zen to buy a C-store ship, and not everyone can afford to pay that time. Some folks have lives, ideally ones that make them enough money to afford real money items.

The above is especially true when it comes to expensive EC items like Lobi or Lockbox ships on the Exchange. It's damned expensive and time-consuming to gather the tons of EC necessary to buy, say, a 400-million-EC bug, because you simply can't spend real money to buy EC (barring illegitimate RMT operations). Sure, you can farm Dilithium, sell it for Zen on the exchange, and then use the Zen to buy Fleet Modules or Master Keys and sell those on the exchange, but that method is slow, unreliable, and vulnerable to market forces.

With this in mind, I think it might be worthwhile for Cryptic to think of creating a more direct method of making EC. How about making Dilithium exchangeable for EC, but not the other way around? This discourages gold farmers attempting to farm EC (which is faster than Dil) for C-points, and allows regular players an easier way to play the exchange.

The only (admittedly nasty) side effect I see from that is that EC prices for regular items will probably jump, and maybe everything will return to square one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 30
08-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
ariseabove, I find many many more escorts who have no idea what an escort is.
Oh theres plenty of those not to mention some of the other classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Or that you are suppose to stick together where the "support" ship can help.
The missions we are talking about here are "Group" missions they are not every man for him self, your supposed to play as a team. Just going in there and doing what ever the hell you like is not Team work remember there is no "i" in "Team".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
I find that because I am in a so called "support" ship people think I can't DPS. I have out DPSed many an escort in this "weak ship that should not use cannons."
No people automatically think your there to help the Team because as you say your in a support ship so yeah an escort should go flying past you because there attack class you are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Come on. It can use cannons because it is one of the few ships that it works with. Plus the fighters just add to it. And please, I stay about 3 KM from my target. That is closer than most escorts, most of them sit at 7.
As above your a support ship your the one who should be sitting at 7km, look mate my Kar fi can out dps most things too and yes it has cannons on it but it is a support ship I will sit back and constantly heal an escort even if I can out dps him/her it's not my job to ignore the rest of the team and go in guns blazing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.