Lieutenant
What i see is the following:

Vorcha - has more hull, more crew and more Shield Mod.

Fleet Ktinga - has more turn rate and more sci

Everything else the same

Differences detail:

Sci console = +1 Ktinga (2 sci Vorcha, 3 sci for Ktinga)
More Turn rate = 10 for Vorcha, 11 for Ktinga (1 more for Ktinga)
More crew = 1500 for Vorcha, 800 for Ktinga (900 more crew for vorcha)
Shield Mod = 1 for Vorcha,, .94 for Ktinga (.06 for Vorcha)

Which is better? TAC or Eng?
Career Officer
# 2
08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ppr...ature=youtu.be

It basically shows that the K't'inga has more shields than the Vor'cha when all is said and done.

Why? Don't know. Am assuming its a hidden fleet bonus maybe? You decide.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 08-17-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Captain
# 3
08-17-2012, 08:22 PM
thissler: Which shield is that? Mk X plain shield? I'd like to see the numbers my Fleet Tor'Kaht Vor'cha puts up (should have a 1.1 shield modifier) compared to this base.

sgtciscoinsa: If you want to use cannon and other Tac abilities and are willing to sacrifice a bit of Engineering powers (plenty if you want to tank, just miss out on DEM and Eject Warp Plasma then) I'd wait until your fleet hits shipyard 2 and grab the Fleet Tor'Kaht Vor'Cha instead if you're considering the Vor'cha platform. As far as Tac vs. Eng, either would work all three have plenty of tankiness with the powers they bring to the table but Eng capt abilities would bring that higher yet, and Tac gives more damage and maneuverability with each press of APA.
Career Officer
# 4
08-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Just mark x plain. Nothing else besides Captain skills on the ship that would in any way change the shields. When you do it what you should see is that the tool tip when you mouse over the actual shield in the equipment slot is exactly what you would expect it to be just on the ships shield mod.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 5
08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post

It basically shows that the K't'inga has more shields than the Vor'cha when all is said and done.

I was actually arguing with you over in the other thread with the pro's and con's of both ships. Thank you for clarifying the actual shield numbers between the two ships, and I wonder what other inaccurate info there is in the shipyards, especially the starbase ship system. And a good thing you showed it without any consoles installed.

So, the BGen Vor'Cha has advantage in hull but the Fleet K'T'Inga has superior shielding on top of the turn rate.

OP, I also suggest looking at the thread I linked above (put light asbestos suit on). There was a bit of talk about the ships you exactly had in mind. When you check it out, keep in mind the info from this thread about the Shield information. And it's up to you to see if it's worth spending your game resources and/or RL money on it.

Last edited by warmaker001b; 08-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Captain
# 6
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
My Fleet Tor'Kaht with a listed Shield Modifier of 1.1 seems to be getting 130% shield capacity with my Starship Shield System skill of 99.

With Mk X (plain) Shields:
Tooltip: 5,747.5
Defense Stat: 7,472 each facing, no shield boost consoles or set bonus
Power level: 70/50 shields

Fully loaded with two Mk XI blue Field Generators, with two piece KHG (eng and shield) and Borg (Def and console) sets, KHG Mk XI shields give me 14,954 each facing (tooltip of 9,062.9)

Oddly, it's listing slightly lower shields stats for the Mk X shield than the Fleet K'Tinga in the video. As close as they are, it could just be rounding errors, though (hurray! Floating Point errors).
Career Officer
# 7
08-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
I was actually arguing with you over in the other thread with the pro's and con's of both ships. Thank you for clarifying the actual shield numbers between the two ships, and I wonder what other inaccurate info there is in the shipyards, especially the starbase ship system. And a good thing you showed it without any consoles installed.

So, the BGen Vor'Cha has advantage in hull but the Fleet K'T'Inga has superior shielding on top of the turn rate.

OP, I also suggest looking at the thread I linked above (put light asbestos suit on). There was a bit of talk about the ships you exactly had in mind. When you check it out, keep in mind the info from this thread about the Shield information. And it's up to you to see if it's worth spending your game resources and/or RL money on it.
Hell that was one of the more fiesty threads I was in! Really though you may be SPOT ON when it comes to is it really worth the actual cash or time grinding. When it comes down to it, if you just enjoy the skin, I think the video shows the absolutely FREE commander level ship doing everything at endgame that you could want to do. I fully endorse someone wishing to be conservative with resources.

It's also looks like the shield mod is correct. It does come accurately onto the shield tool tip for both ships. And then it looks like a further calculation is done for captain skills and "ETC". The fleet bonus that isn't clearly defined in the write up may be part of "ETC".

Again who knows, but it would be nice if they could clear this up as how can you expect anyone to make a good decision if you don't let them have good info. '
'
It is Criminal I say!

Cheers mate and happy flying. See you in the next flame war.
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post

i had been meaning to check the shield difference on the character that has a vorcha R and a F ktinga. the last thing i figured i would see is the ktinga's shields being stronger

i think i will check that, and take screen shots. then check on my other character with the F vorcha. why do i have the feeling its going to be higher then 1.1...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
vorcha refit- http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...000FEFEEA7E10/

mirror vorcha- http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...C05E1EBA0FA1C/

fleet ktinga- http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...61918D5560B56/

fleet vorcha- http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...07EF7164F3E09/

conclusions-

the mirror and refit vorcha have the exact same stats, and a shield mod of 1.0. though the F ktinga has a lower shield listing then the vorcha R on the shield tool tip, the actual shield hitpoints are higher. based on the shield tool tip i figure the F ktinga has a shield mod of .94579 and F vorcha has a shield mod of 1.1

but, judging by the hit points per shield facing the F ktinga has a shield mod of 1.07 and F vorcha has a shield mod of 1.09999

so thats odd
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 08-18-2012 at 05:19 PM.