Captain
The "standard issue" personal shields that you buy from the STF vendor on DS9 have the [Ap] modifier in the title, but the description says that it grants plasma resistance. Do they grant plasma or antiproton resistance?
Career Officer
# 2
09-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
The "standard issue" personal shields that you buy from the STF vendor on DS9 have the [Ap] modifier in the title, but the description says that it grants plasma resistance. Do they grant plasma or antiproton resistance?
I have always been curious what the dilio is with this. In reality, they should offer resistance to both if it's borg related...don't some use plasma while some bosses use AP?
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
They have been like this for as long as I can remember, as far as I'm aware it's just a bug that they can't be bothered to fix. It should say [pla] but says [ap]. It's a bit strange!
Rihannsu
# 4
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Actually... there's a difference between [AP] and [Ap].

One of the two apparently is meant to stand for Anti-Plasma, but.... yeah. [Pla] is a mod you see on armor that gives you a passive resist to HP damage, but not a resist to shield damage.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.