Community Moderator
# 1 Veteran Ship Token
10-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Quick question, I'm a relatively n00bish Klingon player, my tactical has just hit Lieutenant General and is due his new ship, he has the veteran token available.

Which ships are eligible with the veteran token, and which would be a good fit for the tactical class?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 2
10-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Quick question, I'm a relatively n00bish Klingon player, my tactical has just hit Lieutenant General and is due his new ship, he has the veteran token available.

Which ships are eligible with the veteran token, and which would be a good fit for the tactical class?
answer's more "How do you play?" than "What's good for a Tac?" Some Tacticals do VERY well in Cruisers, others in Raptors, and still others in Bird of Prey-all depending on how you spec, how your BoFFs are laid out, and how you play.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post

You should be able to copy him over to tribble a few times and try the ships yourself

i think the LG token only unlocks the chang's bird of prey, the varanus, the kar'fi carrier, the orion flight deck marauder. it wont do every LG ship.

of those options the bird of prey and the kar'fi are the best picks for a tac.

the bird of prey is a bit weak and its ability to fire while cloaked is somewhat of a novelty at first but not that practical (although it can be used to great effect in pvp at times), for me the best choice is the kar'fi. it is quite tac based and its great fun and a really interesting ship to fly.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
# 4
10-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
You should be able to copy him over to tribble a few times and try the ships yourself

i think the LG token only unlocks the chang's bird of prey, the varanus, the kar'fi carrier, the orion flight deck marauder. it wont do every LG ship.

of those options the bird of prey and the kar'fi are the best picks for a tac.

the bird of prey is a bit weak and its ability to fire while cloaked is somewhat of a novelty at first but not that practical (although it can be used to great effect in pvp at times), for me the best choice is the kar'fi. it is quite tac based and its great fun and a really interesting ship to fly.
Yeah I run the B'Rel on my Science already, and have the Kar'Fi on that toon too (or I may have purchased that...I forget) I'll have to look into it more closely, I couldn't recall what my options were.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 5
10-09-2012, 10:52 PM
If you purchased one of the tier 5, just claim it from the c-store? Then use your token for a different ship and try it out.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
The Veteran Ship Token only unlocks the B'Rel Retrofit and the Kar'Fi. Why not the Varanus and Marauder? Because they're BG/MG ships, not LG ships.

As for which is good for a Tactical class, I'd personally say the Kar'Fi. The B'Rel's all-Uni slots would be a great build, but it's fragile and it only has 6 weapon slots.

On the other side, the Kar'Fi has one more weapon slot, much better hull, and 2 hanger bays (I'd recommend the Adv. Fer'Jai Frigates from the Dil Store... their Chroniton and Tricobolt torpedoes are beasts ). And it's Boff layout is quite good for Tac and Sci abilities, even if Eng is a little weak.

It turns slow, but it's a Carrier, so yeah. And it comes with the Phase Shift console, which grants you stealth, and makes you literally untargetable for 10 secs. A nice little ability imo.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Ensign
# 7
10-15-2012, 09:47 AM
If neither the Kar'Fi or the B'rel are good for Engineer, what would you suggest?
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
I have 2 toons eng kdf, 1 in marauder and the other in Karfi.

Differences:
-Karfi have 10 more power
-karfi have 1 more hangar
-karfi have more rank tact officer
-karfi have awasome cloak device (yes... only 10 sec)
-karfi can load dual heavy cannons
-karfi have .2 more shield
-karfi have 1 tact cons add
-karfi have 2 tact bridge off

-Orion marauder have 1 weapon slot add
-Orion have more hull
-Orion have 1 eng cons add
-Orion have 2 eng bridge off

Well now... you need think which type you play if you are a support Orion Marauder... but if you play attack in some cases support choose Karfi.

Well friend you choose
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!

Career Officer
# 9
10-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I just wantd to say that of all the ships I've tried fromt he KDF z-store so far, the kar'fi is by far the most amenable to different playstyles and career choices.