Career Officer
# 11
08-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post

"If" Cryptic said that the doffs you get from buying them from the starbase would be Random - then this is an out and out Lie by Cryptic
Did they say that? I don't recall it, clearly it is not though, it could be that the sensors officers are just a minority component of the whole DOFF system therefore one would expect a correspondingly low number of them to appear. It may be that Cryptic need to either tweak the amount you get or lower the requirements.
Captain
# 12
08-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I run a one person fleet and haven't had any issues with Doffs just yet. Every 18 hours I go to Starfleet Academy and see the Vulcan, Tellarite, and Andorian Personnel Officers as well as the Personnel Officer by Lt. Ferra, who gives me 5 more recruitment missions.

And this is just a lie, those missions have a 64-72 hour cooldown. What you are probably doing is farming those doffs over and over on multiple alt accounts, but then at least admit that and don't make up a story.
Captain
# 13
08-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
And this is just a lie, those missions have a 64-72 hour cooldown. What you are probably doing is farming those doffs over and over on multiple alt accounts, but then at least admit that and don't make up a story.
He might just have a lot of alts, and rotates them between Recruitment missions - I do. 1 character can get 2 Recruitment Missions per week, which is 14ish Doffs per week. If you have 10 alts you're looking at 140 DOFFs per week for what amounts to, maybe, 30 minutes of work to get them all.
Career Officer
# 14
08-18-2012, 07:47 AM
*remove me, double post*
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 08-18-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
08-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
lol. It's not a lie. I suggest you go try before you post on the forums and accuse a fellow player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
He might just have a lot of alts, and rotates them between Recruitment missions - I do. 1 character can get 2 Recruitment Missions per week, which is 14ish Doffs per week. If you have 10 alts you're looking at 140 DOFFs per week for what amounts to, maybe, 30 minutes of work to get them all.
This. I actually have 7 KDF and 7 STF characters so yes that helps. If you crit these missions, you either get a few more commons or a better rarity of doff (which now can be downgraded into even more doffs). Not sure what the exact cooldown is as it is never displayed, but I have no problem running and collecting on these missions every other day.

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 08-18-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Banned
# 16
08-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I hate to say it but does it matter?
The person who posted this thread obviously thought so.
Community Moderator
# 17
08-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck5p4rr0w View Post
The person who posted this thread obviously thought so.
Haha indeed true, I guess my point was more along the lines of - 'what's a game without a goal?'
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Community Moderator
# 18
08-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Doffs are FREE (opportunity cost is a broken concept discredited in the early 22nd century)

Dilith is Free as well if you work for it

everything is Free if you work for it
Dil is the interesting one there, since it has a measurable real-world value; last time I checked, 182 Dil costs about a penny in US dollars.

If you discount opportunity costs, however, come wash my truck for free; I'd normally pay someone to do that, but you don't believe in opportunity costs, so your time has no value.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 19
08-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I know, screenshots or it didn't happen right? Here you go.

General Recruitment: 5 Doffs from Doff Pack
Andorian Cultural Exchange: 1
Tellarite Cultural Exchange: 1
Vulcan Cultural Exchange: 1
Fed Junior Tactical Officer Cadre: 3 (crit)
Fed Junior Engineering Officer Cadre: 2
Fed Junior Science Officer Cadre: 3 (crit)
Fed Civil Corps Officer Cadre: 2
Total: 18

These Doffs are at least common in rarity, I have not seen if I got any green/blue/purple Doffs, which would only add to this total as they can be broken down further all the way commons. This is for 1 turn on 1 character.
Captain
# 20
08-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Is the Fleet Starbase a gigantic ressource annhilator? YES

Are the costs per person smaller in big fleets? YES

Should you join a big fleet until you have your fleet vessel? ABSOLUTELY

The ressource requirements of Tier 1 and 2 starbase projects seem excessive? Wait till you see the Tier 4 and 5 requirements!