Captain
# 21
08-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I know, screenshots or it didn't happen right? Here you go.

General Recruitment: 5 Doffs from Doff Pack
Andorian Cultural Exchange: 1
Tellarite Cultural Exchange: 1
Vulcan Cultural Exchange: 1
Fed Junior Tactical Officer Cadre: 3 (crit)
Fed Junior Engineering Officer Cadre: 2
Fed Junior Science Officer Cadre: 3 (crit)
Fed Civil Corps Officer Cadre: 2
Total: 18

These Doffs are at least common in rarity, I have not seen if I got any green/blue/purple Doffs, which would only add to this total as they can be broken down further all the way commons. This is for 1 turn on 1 character.
That "18" is lovely and believable, what people are taking issue with is your quote "Every 18 hours I go to Starfleet Academy "

The runtime + cooldown is 48 for some of the recruiting missions, 72 for others (1 or 2 day run time + 24hr cooldown).
# 22
08-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
That "18" is lovely and believable, what people are taking issue with is your quote "Every 18 hours I go to Starfleet Academy "

The runtime + cooldown is 48 for some of the recruiting missions, 72 for others (1 or 2 day run time + 24hr cooldown).
As I stated in my previous post, I have no issues running and collecting on these missions every other day. (Yes all 8 of them)
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan
Captain
# 23
08-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
As I stated in my previous post
The post before that. 18hrs =/= every other day.

Quote:
Every 18 hours I go to Starfleet Academy
Just trying to clear up confusion.

And I tend to go there daily and pick up the missions. because I've managed to get my characters out of sync.

Last edited by beezle23; 08-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 24
08-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Ok, and I corrected myself in my next post. What's your problem? Bad day already?
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan
Captain
# 25
08-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
What's your problem? Bad day already?
I'm making the mistake of being on the internet when I should be asleep.
# 26
08-18-2012, 09:09 AM
An investor site called Seeking Alpha did an article (last line of my signature) on how the monetization of starbases would have an impact on the profits of PW, in a good way. The author researched and concluded starbases would cost at least $1500 real word dollars each on average (massive paraphrase). Cryptic's own numbers say there are over 7000 fleets in STO. That's $10,500,000 in revenue for Cryptic in 7 months.

Since EC can now be converted by buying keys and ship consoles and the like for real money, and is traded on the black market, EC also has a real money equivalent. It is no longer free. Because some of it can be earned for free it is discounted, but it is no longer free.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update

Last edited by thepleasuredome; 08-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
An investor site called Seeking Alpha did an article (last line of my signature) on how the monetization of starbases would have an impact on the profits of PW, in a good way. The author researched and concluded starbases would cost at least $1500 real word dollars each on average (massive paraphrase). Cryptic's own numbers say there are over 7000 fleets in STO. That's $10,500,000 in revenue for Cryptic in 7 months.

Since EC can now be converted by buying keys and ship consoles and the like for real money, and is traded on the black market, EC also has a real money equivalent. It is no longer free. Because some of it can be earned for free it is discounted, but it is no longer free.
I have to disagree with this. Sure, I'm sure a fair few people spend real money to make EC - but it doesn't have a real world value like dilithium does. Dilithium is capped at 8k/day/toon. EC has no such limits!

There are plenty of people (myself included) who can make far more EC in a week than the people dumping $100 into FSMs and selling them on the exchange.

There's a huge different between getting 200k dil, and getting 50m EC. Grinding 200k dilithium will take you 25 days at max capacity (for one character). Grinding 50m EC might take you 25 days, but it might take you 5 if you're skilled at playing the market.

I don't think you should equate them to both being RW currencies.
Captain
# 28
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
I have to disagree with this. Sure, I'm sure a fair few people spend real money to make EC - but it doesn't have a real world value like dilithium does. Dilithium is capped at 8k/day/toon. EC has no such limits!

There are plenty of people (myself included) who can make far more EC in a week than the people dumping $100 into FSMs and selling them on the exchange.

There's a huge different between getting 200k dil, and getting 50m EC. Grinding 200k dilithium will take you 25 days at max capacity (for one character). Grinding 50m EC might take you 25 days, but it might take you 5 if you're skilled at playing the market.

I don't think you should equate them to both being RW currencies.
Dilithium has an 8,000 limit per character. I routinely make over 17,000 Dilithium per day in just 2-2.5 hours using multiple alts. I average between 500,000 and 600,000 Dilithium per month. I can earn enough Dilithium to buy a Key in 3ish hours and sell it on the Exchange for a million+ - I am assuming around a million as I've never bought or sold a Key there.
Captain
# 29
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
"If" Cryptic said that the doffs you get from buying them from the starbase would be Random - then this is an out and out Lie by Cryptic
This was Posted by Brandon and what I was refering to:

# 1 Release Notes: August 9, 2012
08-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Duty Officers:

Added "Officer Exchange" assignments to Personnel Officers at Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy.
These officers will allow you to take assignments that will exchange a single Green, Blue or Purple Duty Officer for 3 of one rarity level lower.
e.g.: 1 Green for 3 Whites
New fleet duty officers are now available!
The Personnel Officer in your starbase's Ops area can provide these new Duty Officers.
Each officer is commissioned individually.
You must have at least a tier 1 starbase to commission a general Duty Officer.
As you unlock higher tier starbases, better guaranteed quality officers become available.
Unlocking facilities at tier 2 and above also allows purchase of officers for specific disciplines.
These officers may have new active roster powers and new arrangements for fleets.
As with all Duty Officers, the type received is random.

My test of 1000 doffs purchased shows that it is not "Random" at all - so is this a lie or not "properly communicated"?
Community Moderator
# 30
08-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
This was Posted by Brandon and what I was refering to:

# 1 Release Notes: August 9, 2012
08-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Duty Officers:

Added "Officer Exchange" assignments to Personnel Officers at Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy.
These officers will allow you to take assignments that will exchange a single Green, Blue or Purple Duty Officer for 3 of one rarity level lower.
e.g.: 1 Green for 3 Whites
New fleet duty officers are now available!
The Personnel Officer in your starbase's Ops area can provide these new Duty Officers.
Each officer is commissioned individually.
You must have at least a tier 1 starbase to commission a general Duty Officer.
As you unlock higher tier starbases, better guaranteed quality officers become available.
Unlocking facilities at tier 2 and above also allows purchase of officers for specific disciplines.
These officers may have new active roster powers and new arrangements for fleets.
As with all Duty Officers, the type received is random.

My test of 1000 doffs purchased shows that it is not "Random" at all - so is this a lie or not "properly communicated"?
Random doesn't necessarily equate to equal chance. You're thinking of rolling a dice (a normal 1 to 6 die) where you have an equal chance of receiving a result of either 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Equally if you had a six sided die with the sides labelled 1,1,3,4,5,6 you've still got a random result - but with a greater chance of receiving a number 1.

Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.