Starfleet Veteran
# 1 My View on 2009 movie
08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I got into Star Trek beacuse it had some aspects of science, and seemed realistic . I still think SOME parts of TOS still are, VOY really is me , science which some can be explained, and more in this seris than others. 2009 movie , well for me isn't Star Trek.
My reasons
The moments before the timeline got seperated the apollo class had changed; texture, weapons and size. Then the alternate timline aperead. The Enterprise just gets wierd. The weapons change , same as the apollo class, the size changes, bridge , Texture etc. But one thing that got to me was the bit when scotty and Krik were back on the Enterprise. The where huge "barrels" of radioactive things. What ? In Anti - matter matter reactions, Anti-matter, usally Anti Protons, would be collided with Dueterium, 1 proton , 1 nuetron. Dueterium is an isotope of Hydrogen. So what is this radioactive. 2: The bit where scotty was in that water tube. Again , what would that do for the engines ... nothing. so 2 pointless things that didn't need to be there. Another thing. Why the big fuss to disable the mining thing. You could just detonate the the red matter outside the planet and the blackhole will still suck it in anyway. Big deal. So forgive me but in todays language : It sucks
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh No, here we go again! Everyone has their opinion on this movie, and no one here is going to change anyone else's opinion.
Ensign
# 3
08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Oh No, here we go again! Everyone has their opinion on this movie, and no one here is going to change anyone else's opinion.
Well spoken.

But I still do not like that JJAbrams blow up Vulcan.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-08-2012, 01:24 PM
It's easy enough to discount in canon so love it or hate it, everyone's happy.
Career Officer
# 5
08-08-2012, 01:31 PM
There is only one good thing that came out of that movie. Star Trek V is no longer the worst star trek movie ever made
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Captain
# 6
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I got into Star Trek beacuse it had some aspects of science, and seemed realistic . I still think SOME parts of TOS still are, VOY really is me , science which some can be explained, and more in this seris than others. 2009 movie , well for me isn't Star Trek.
My reasons
The moments before the timeline got seperated the apollo class had changed; texture, weapons and size. Then the alternate timline aperead. The Enterprise just gets wierd. The weapons change , same as the apollo class, the size changes, bridge , Texture etc. But one thing that got to me was the bit when scotty and Krik were back on the Enterprise. The where huge "barrels" of radioactive things. What ? In Anti - matter matter reactions, Anti-matter, usally Anti Protons, would be collided with Dueterium, 1 proton , 1 nuetron. Dueterium is an isotope of Hydrogen. So what is this radioactive. 2: The bit where scotty was in that water tube. Again , what would that do for the engines ... nothing. so 2 pointless things that didn't need to be there. Another thing. Why the big fuss to disable the mining thing. You could just detonate the the red matter outside the planet and the blackhole will still suck it in anyway. Big deal. So forgive me but in todays language : It sucks
All good points. Also, Krik? As if Chekov saying "Kurk" wasn't bad enough. (sure though, it DID make ONE good thing in that terrible thing they call a movie)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Whatever your views on the movie, the 2009 movie breathed new life into Star Trek. That deserves some credit.

I like it. And I've seen all the other movies, including the other series, before anyone asks
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Captain
# 8
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
My reasons
You actually thought the water tubes were for the engines? No. That was part of the brewery for Scotty to make his real alcohol so he wouldn't have to get that stale, synthahol stuff.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Banned
# 9
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
So forgive me but in todays language : It sucks
Riiight. In other words:

http://youtu.be/02LgdXVkXgM

Last edited by c4ptain0bviou5; 08-08-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I hated the movie.
I think they just made this movie just because they (desperately) needed money.

Even the star trek 1 spacedock scene was better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9wFGxSDYc

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.