Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
Just an idea.

The best of the KDF PvP players should challenge the developers to a PvP match with a bet being more mission/story content for the KDF.

I wonder if they would accept.
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-18-2012, 11:33 AM
would be pointless. theres no indication that any dev pvps at all, they would be helpless against ok kdf players.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 3
08-18-2012, 01:18 PM
ROFL.............................................. ...

And yes I actually fell in the floor.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
They don't even accept a challenge for showing them the state of PvP, what makes you think they will accept one that when they loose would result in more work for them?

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 5
08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Riiiiiiight, because 'who is the most effective killer' is a great way to allocate corporate time and resources. You'd have a better chance of selling 'oh and you can do better?' where the PVP community redesigns and rebalances the game within the limits of the engine and still being usable at both the super-competitive level, the casual/newbie level, and in the hands of the AI. Good luck.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Riiiiiiight, because 'who is the most effective killer' is a great way to allocate corporate time and resources. You'd have a better chance of selling 'oh and you can do better?' where the PVP community redesigns and rebalances the game within the limits of the engine and still being usable at both the super-competitive level, the casual/newbie level, and in the hands of the AI. Good luck.
challenge accepted. i totally could. this is exactly what i do with any game i mod.
Rihannsu
# 7
08-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlili View Post
Just an idea.

The best of the KDF PvP players should challenge the developers to a PvP match with a bet being more mission/story content for the KDF.

I wonder if they would accept.
Developers typically aren't as good at the PVP Side of the game from past experiences when they've had days that they actually PVPed against others in the Player Base, with out turning on their Dev Tools (Typically on Tribble)

I know there are also many PVPers that have offered, my self included, to show them how we do things in PVP in order to not only improve their ability to PVP in their own game, but perhaps see, from a Player point of view, why we call some things Broken, Overpowered, or griefable. But I have yet to see any desire from the Development side of the game to participate much in such oppertunities out side of Branflakes.

On tribble how ever I know Zero has particpated in PVP once or twice, And I know a few others have as well, but my bad memory with names out side of Brandon and Zero right now causes me to not recall who those other devs were that are actually still here. And no, it's not because no one else is still here, it's just I don't recall who else does PVP or did during those random moments.

So, in conclusion, such a "bet" would already have been lost because the PVP community who plays KDF more then likely would have hardly any issues beating the devs since they don't spend as much time as we do learning how to optimize our builds to kill each other with in their sorely developed PVP System.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
challenge accepted. i totally could. this is exactly what i do with any game i mod.
May I hint you at this web page, then:

http://crypticstudios.com/openings
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
May I hint you at this web page, then:

http://crypticstudios.com/openings
i applied to Game Designer - Systems a mouth ago, why not right? got a computer science bachelors and game moding experience, 1 game being a star trek game with similar tall ship style combat. practicality rewrote the combat in it from the ground up, its perfectly balanced and as close to canon looking as possible, that the game engine would allow
Career Officer
# 10
08-19-2012, 07:13 AM
They'd never take up the challenge.

Buts lets say they did. What would be your forfeit if you lost?