Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
08-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
They'd never take up the challenge.

Buts lets say they did. What would be your forfeit if you lost?
What does KDF have left, much less what did they start with, that's worth forfeiting?
All cloaks should be canon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
08-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
What does KDF have left, much less what did they start with, that's worth forfeiting?
9 Missions, several daily sorties, quite cool ships, most of which can cloak...A nice ground city full of color and NPC's...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i applied to Game Designer - Systems a mouth ago, why not right? got a computer science bachelors and game moding experience, 1 game being a star trek game with similar tall ship style combat. practicality rewrote the combat in it from the ground up, its perfectly balanced and as close to canon looking as possible, that the game engine would allow
Send them the game as part of your job application? ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 14
08-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Even though I hardly rank among the best in the KDF, I would take up the challenge.
It would be good way to show how some KDF ships may need a relook on how they function and even make good starting point to push for some strictly KDF BOff abilities.

As a challenge to assert the need for Cryptic to make more KDF, its not needed. They should be doing that anyways. Given the recent news of STO top standing, the Vegas con and the desire of the Devs to make each upcomming season bigger than the last we KDF need to just continue our pushing of our desires to continue to prove that the fanbase is behind it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Send them the game as part of your job application? ^^
i said it would act as my portfolio in the cover letter, if they ever show interest in me.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Banned
# 16
08-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
i said it would act as my portfolio in the cover letter, if they ever show interest in me.
Cryptic doesn't want competent employees, that aside you should shoot higher than mere cryptic my friend.
Empire Veteran
# 17
08-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Cryptic doesn't want competent employees, that aside you should shoot higher than mere cryptic my friend.
well im hardly going to claim that im competent but i do think i could do some good there, adding my pvp experience to the dev knowledge pool.

im not sure what credentials Jeramey had when he got hired, all that was obvious was that he was a big fan, did a pod cast, and got to hang out at the studio once and then he was hired. if thats all his credentials were then i think i at least match that. but he could have had a degree in game design for all i know. hes done right by us at least, giveing the pvp forum the time of day.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 18
08-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
would be pointless. theres no indication that any dev pvps at all, they would be helpless against ok kdf players.
Or they would role out in the PVP each with a Borg Tactical Cube found in the Elite STF missions.... imagine facing five Developers each in his own Tactical Cube...
Career Officer
# 19
08-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
Or they would role out in the PVP each with a Borg Tactical Cube found in the Elite STF missions.... imagine facing five Developers each in his own Tactical Cube...
Something like this actually happened to celebrate the end of beta.
Career Officer
# 20
08-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
i applied to Game Designer - Systems a mouth ago, why not right? got a computer science bachelors and game moding experience, 1 game being a star trek game with similar tall ship style combat. practicality rewrote the combat in it from the ground up, its perfectly balanced and as close to canon looking as possible, that the game engine would allow
Yea, good luck, lol. You don't like the bug, you don't approve their ways of "balancing", I wonder how can somebody like geko accept a person with a clear understanding of what's going on, lol. If you would pve, love weapons with 20 procs, shields with bonus to engines and crazy things like that, then it would be a chance.

Seriously now, good luck! I hope they'll get a great system designer with an understanding as you have.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 08-22-2012 at 09:38 AM.