Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,276
# 1 Fleet B'rel retro anyone?
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I like my B'rel retrofit. Always have liked the BOP and it fits the playstyle I've developed flying my Defiant Retro.


I was more than a little saddened to find that there's no Fleet version of the B'rel.


Anyone else want a fleet buffed version of this great ship?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,871
# 2
08-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
I like my B'rel retrofit. Always have liked the BOP and it fits the playstyle I've developed flying my Defiant Retro.


I was more than a little saddened to find that there's no Fleet version of the B'rel.


Anyone else want a fleet buffed version of this great ship?
Would there really be anything to set it apart from the other two other than the enhanced battle cloak?

I don't really see them making a fleet version for two reasons. One would be its only such a slight difference than the others and two would be its special power is on the ship and not a console. Every ship that has a special power not of console will never see a fleet version as of yet.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 3
08-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Fleet B'rel could easily be given a higher base speed and a 4th tac slot.

Voila. Its fleet.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 933
# 4
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Unless they turn the brel's cloak into a console like the defiant's, we wont be seeing a fleet refit anytime soon. (and who want want to lose their brel's cloak to console)

Any ship that doesnt have a console and its "special ability" is built in, then it doesnt get a refit, otherwise why would someone buy the C-store one, when the fleet is there?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,276
# 5
08-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah, the embedded Enhanced Battle Cloak ability could be an issue. But I'd be willing to give that up for a T5 B'rel with Fleet boosted hull and an extra console slot.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 6
08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Unless they turn the brel's cloak into a console like the defiant's, we wont be seeing a fleet refit anytime soon. (and who want want to lose their brel's cloak to console)

Any ship that doesnt have a console and its "special ability" is built in, then it doesnt get a refit, otherwise why would someone buy the C-store one, when the fleet is there?

I don't see the problem at all. There is a tier 1 b'rel.

The non-cstore fleet b'rel would not have the enhanced cloak.

'Advanced Fleet B'rel' would be the cstore fleet version with the enhanced cloak.

Add a c-store item 'Fleet Upgrade Blueprint - B'rel Refit' that is 'claim' (unlimited) for players that already own the B'rel.

That way, B'rel retrofit owners can just claim that blueprint for free, get their fleet modules and then get the Fleet B'rel Retrofit
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,871
# 7
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
I don't see the problem at all. There is a tier 1 b'rel.

The non-cstore fleet b'rel would not have the enhanced cloak.

'Advanced Fleet B'rel' would be the cstore fleet version with the enhanced cloak.

Add a c-store item 'Fleet Upgrade Blueprint - B'rel Refit' that is 'claim' (unlimited) for players that already own the B'rel.

That way, B'rel retrofit owners can just claim that blueprint for free, get their fleet modules and then get the Fleet B'rel Retrofit
Would be no reason for anyone to buy the c store version. That's something they are trying to avoid.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
# 8
08-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Not long time ago they change many abilitys to consoles and dont care that the ships lose a slot.
The reason why i like to see a Fleet B'rel is the point that we Klingons not have any discount on the charunlock fleet ships because none of the Fleetships are cstore t5 .
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=308561
Funny thing - we have 1x console t5 ship , the Ka'fi but they take the non cstore VoQuv because thats give them more money.
Oh and not to forget, letz take the aplantiv generator of the Intrepid, whats the point to make it to a console before? In the time where they change the abilitys to consoles there was no talk about Fleet Versions and now u can also only mount the console in the Fleet Intrepid. So why we dont get our abilitys in consoles to get finaly a discount?

But back to topic:
I want a Fleet - B'rel - Ka'fi - Guramba . Change the abilitys to consoles i can take a lose of console slot if we get an additional. So we have same consoleslotssetting with mounted ability and still is better then the cstore (more hull more shields and u choose which consolecategory lose a slot for ability or u dont use the ability and have an additional slot)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,111
# 9
08-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Unless they turn the brel's cloak into a console like the defiant's, we wont be seeing a fleet refit anytime soon. (and who want want to lose their brel's cloak to console)

Any ship that doesnt have a console and its "special ability" is built in, then it doesnt get a refit, otherwise why would someone buy the C-store one, when the fleet is there?
Copy the B'Rel into a Fleet B'Rel, change up some stats, retain the inherent C-Store variant's Battle Cloak to the ship. Throw a unique skin for bonus on top of the 2 possible skins from the C-Store original.

Done.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 10
08-19-2012, 05:36 AM
This would require active development thought toward KDF on the part of Cryptic. Never going to happen until someone stops Stahling.
All cloaks should be canon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 AM.