Lieutenant
Now that STO has gone Free to play there is a possibility off a ps3 version being created, however people have said that STO is to complex for a Ps3 controller, i believe this is a viable layout for consoles and it would use raidal interfaces to navigate the menus.... enjoy

Ground Control (RED ALERT)
X - Jump
Circle - Crouch
Square - melee attack
Triangle - Switch weapons
L1 - 1st fire ability
L2 - 2nd fire ability
R1 - Aim
R2 - Display Abilities radial interface; grenades ect......

Ground Control
X - Jump
Circle - Crouch
Square - N/A
Triangle - Switch weapons
L1 - N/A
L2 - Display Features radial interface; exchange, inventory ect.....
R1 - N/A
R2 - N/A

Space Controls (RED ALERT)
X - Key bind ability
Circle - Key bind ability
Square - Key bind ability
Triangle - Key bind ability
L1 - Display Abilities raidal interface; tractor beam ect......
L2 - Fire Phasers
R1 - Fire all weapons
R2 - Fire Torpedoes

Space Controls
X - Key bind ability
Circle - Key bind ability
Square - Key bind ability
Triangle - Key bind ability
L1 - N/A
L2 - N/A
R1 - Display Fetures radial interface
R2 - Warp Out/in

Space/Ground controls
L3 - move
R3 - change camera direction
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2012, 01:14 PM
STO never came out for Xbox 360, it's not coming to PS3.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-20-2012, 01:27 PM
what makes the PS3 more convenient, is that there is no subscription fee for using the online systems and now that star trek online has gone F2P, it would be easy to create and distribute a free PS3 version and players would not be deterred from going gold (which on the xbox 360 would result in the player having to pay two subscription fees)
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9870 View Post
what makes the PS3 more convenient, is that there is no subscription fee for using the online systems and now that star trek online has gone F2P, it would be easy to create and distribute a free PS3 version and players would not be deterred from going gold (which on the xbox 360 would result in the player having to pay two subscription fees)
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/star_tr..._scrapped.html

The dev's have said a long time ago no Console version of STO on any platform.
Lieutenant
# 5
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
this post was made 2 years ago, who knows, there position might change in the near future

and cryptic states that "the console version of Star Trek Online is on the back burner." which doesn't mean the game is 100% cancelled, just very low priotey

Last edited by borg9870; 08-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9870 View Post
Ha ha, I love PS3 owners going on about the online service being free. Lets not remind them that the PS network has crashed 5 times and that it was shut down for 3 months because the network was hacked and over a million users had their personal account details, including bank details stolen.

I happily pay 40GBP a year for XBL, with the safe and secure knowledge that when I turn on my console, I can play online anytime I want and my details are safe. And seeing that 40GBP works out to 10p a day, is that really a massive expense.
Career Officer
# 7
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
STO will never be out on consoles but if you have a PS3/Xbox or anyother controller you would like to use you can go to http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ad.php?t=91705

The general binds would be adjusted based on the mappings but that can be easily made.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Captain
# 8
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't think the game is really playable without a full keyboard, yes you can use Joysticks and controllers but most of the game is heavily reliant on keyboard play.
This is a multiplayer game, not a solo game, and without a keyboard, how are you going to interact with other players? Not to mention that the controls that you listed only covers a small fraction of what is available in the game.

Last edited by maxvitor; 08-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.