Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
Dear Cryptic,

I feel this should be addressed, I am part fo the sad pandas that smashed the original tribble no win scenario. We helped in building a right level in building a hard AI for experienced players. Which resulted No win on holodeck in its hard form originally.

Then you just go and nerf this so people can now increase to level 9 easy. I have seen roleplayers and less quality fleets getting there!

This was a great tool for people to realise where they are agains the AI and groups of people. There is a reason it was and to be quite blunt it involved people to go out there and team up and make people think outside the box to try do this. we made fleets who asked for pvp advice to go up against the scenario as projects to get a good idea and allsorts.

The fact gozer put in the accolades at right points suggested the balance was near complete. nerfing torpedos heavily (I would off prefered about 10% drop in damage) only makes the role players in this game feel there actualy stronger than they are!

Which leads to next point about , these roleplayers/pve'ers are not learning the concepts behind surviving and damage and therefore when fancying pvp they die in two minute and heaven't learned the basics of TEAMPLAY.

whether the pve'ers or role players hate this post, I dont mind, I rather tell the truth and say I rather cryptic help you guys out, as we have done for pvp'ers.

Last edited by the4monkeys; 08-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 2
08-13-2012, 10:16 AM
guess what. no win is not PVP. also, why should PVE players suffer because PVP players say so? I mean PVE players are in larger number, due to the fact, that PVP is far from perfect (dare I say far from good?!).

I understand, that it should be harder, for people to learn, but if it is too hard, then people will just leave it, and will not play it, unless they want to test a team (and not to have fun).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 3
08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
guess what. no win is not PVP. also, why should PVE players suffer because PVP players say so? I mean PVE players are in larger number, due to the fact, that PVP is far from perfect (dare I say far from good?!).

I understand, that it should be harder, for people to learn, but if it is too hard, then people will just leave it, and will not play it, unless they want to test a team (and not to have fun).
I agree with you that pvp is not no win! but problem is that the ai is so easy pvpers need challenge!

I would rather have no win as no winable! than to have something thats completed in 20 mins Just like pandas did as soon as it was on tribble. (which got on stoked too)

If i was in cryptics shoes I would examine the results and examine where the skill base is on that scenario. Make tutorials for skills to be used for people! help them out. Its not a dig against pve and roleplayers, certainly not intended! I want to generally improve average skill base in game!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 4
08-13-2012, 10:27 AM
RPG fleets are BETTER than you at PVE

live with it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 5
08-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
Dear Cryptic,

I feel this should be addressed, I am part fo the sad pandas that smashed the original tribble no win scenario. We helped in building a right level in building a hard AI for experienced players. Which resulted No win on holodeck in its hard form originally.

Then you just go and nerf this so people can now increase to level 9 easy. I have seen roleplayers and less quality fleets getting there!

This was a great tool for people to realise where they are agains the AI and groups of people. There is a reason it was and to be quite blunt it involved people to go out there and team up and make people think outside the box to try do this. we made fleets who asked for pvp advice to go up against the scenario as projects to get a good idea and allsorts.

The fact gozer put in the accolades at right points suggested the balance was near complete. nerfing torpedos heavily (I would off prefered about 10% drop in damage) only makes the role players in this game feel there actualy stronger than they are!

Which leads to next point about , these roleplayers/pve'ers are not learning the concepts behind surviving and damage and therefore when fancying pvp they die in two minute and heaven't learned the basics of TEAMPLAY.

whether the pve'ers or role players hate this post, I dont mind, I rather tell the truth and say I rather cryptic help you guys out
Simply put, this game is obviously not aimed at you...and probably not me either.

You can't play a game that is made to appeal to rpers and pve minded players and then complain that it doesn't suit your hardcore playstyle.

It would be nice if the devs were intersted in pvp, but that isn't where they think the money is so all you get is more ships to play the same pve content over and over again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 6
08-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
RPG fleets are BETTER than you at PVE

live with it
If this game is like any other mmo ever, i would bet that the pvpers can generate more dps/healing than pve clowns any day of the week.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 7
08-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
I agree with you that pvp is not no win! but problem is that the ai is so easy pvpers need challenge!

I would rather have no win as no winable! than to have something thats completed in 20 mins Just like pandas did as soon as it was on tribble. (which got on stoked too)

If i was in cryptics shoes I would examine the results and examine where the skill base is on that scenario. Make tutorials for skills to be used for people! help them out. Its not a dig against pve and roleplayers, certainly not intended! I want to generally improve average skill base in game!
well, I would not mind if it was harder, since I dont care about it. but you are a niche in the game (as in elite pvp player). if people saw this was impossible to beat it, they would not try. and most of the people are PVE players, so if you do not make the game (a PVE game I might add) beatable for PVE players (good ones), then why bother making it at all?

the way I see it, if they increased this anymore they would just drive away people from it, and not make players smarter in their playstyles, and more aware of their ships
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 8
08-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
If this game is like any other mmo ever, i would bet that the pvpers can generate more dps/healing than pve clowns any day of the week.
which in "no win" is wrong
isn't it

And actually the average PVE speced cruiser can put out more healing than most PVP ships simply because it is a cruiser not an escort
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 9
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
which in "no win" is wrong
isn't it

And actually the average PVE speced cruiser can put out more healing than most PVP ships simply because it is a cruiser not an escort
What's your point? I wrote "healing/dps" to refer to healing or dps.

The pvper set up to heal will heal more the thier pve counterpart and the pvper set up for dps will do more damage as well.

Pvpers setup for maximum effect, no way MOST pve guys are rolling like that..no way.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 10
08-13-2012, 10:50 AM
your not seeing my point though it should be used as a tool for developing players and building better players.


It doesnt matter about pve pvp or roleplayers. what im saying here is people need to build a stronger comunity.

I can go into STF on elite pugging in queues and people cant break 100k barrier on damage and you think why........... Its because there not informed how to do damage.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.