Captain
# 1 [Bug] Reman 3-piece set bonus
08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Bug or design issue you be the judge:

Test parameters:

VoQuv carrier. Full reman set mk 11.

Ship is set up as a 'mirror' tank. Aka feedback 3, feedback 1, emg to shields 3 & 2.

Threat Control 6.

The Test:

Entered a random enemy contact in sector space. Found clouds of mirror federation ships and I was alone in there.

Flew around gathering aggro on the biggest close groups. Had about 12 ships shooting at me.

Stopped ship (0 speed) so they could hit me more easily.

Turned on feedback pulse with minimum AUX so they werent hurt too much.

My ship starts sending feedback pulses by the dozens to the cloud of ships attacking me. Visual evidence I am indeed getting hit. Lots. LOTS.

Looking at my icons... a minute goes by and the shield cap proc has not triggered.

2nd minute the thing procs once...and wears off before another procs.

3rd minute it procs twice... but the first proc wore off just a few seconds after the second one triggered.

4 minutes later and I never got 3 cap procs to work together. Max was 2 and barely enough duration for them to stack.

I thought maybe its the level of the ships. So I tried it in Infected Elite STF.

When the last transformer died the spheres all aggroe'd me. I can normally tank them no problem with my regular tanking set.

So there I was, again getting hit a LOT of times and the shield cap proc did not trigger more than 2 times in the 3 minutes I held the spheres interest in my (threat control 6...and apparently feedback pulse does not generate hate even when at max aux/dmg).

Result: The shield cap bonus does not trigger with enough regularity to be able to have a 5-stack cap amount. More disappointing even is that when it did trigger it lasted for such a short time that it was inconsequential.

A 5% shield cap bonus is literally the amount of damage 1 shot from an enemy ship does to you... and thus it will never be of any use to the player since that shield amount is not actually there. The duration of the proc combined with the very low proc chance means you will never have the 5-stack effect which is basically the only time when the set bonus makes any sense and becomes remotely useful.

To make things worse, the reman shield has no innate resists which makes the ship using it die from insane bleed-through damage. In the elite stf for example my VoQuv kept the shields from failing but the hull... all 57k points of it, was bled from 100% to 20% in a matter of seconds despite my constant use of my hull heals and hazard abilities. And my captain has full points on both ship armor skills plus threat control 6.

The reman shield 3-piece set bonus is not functional. It needs to be changed.

Set 3: Covariant Capacitance Cell

Passive
When receiving All Energy Damage, 5% chance of applying Covariant Capacitiance Cell

+5% Maximum Shield Capacity for 15 sec (stacks up to 5 times)

to:

Passive
When receiving All Energy Damage, 25% chance of applying Covariant Capacitiance Cell

+5% Maximum Shield Capacity for 30 sec (stacks up to 5 times).

** When 5 stacks are achieved each new proc replaces the proc with the shortest remaining timer. Or refreshes it.

Alternatively, why not make the shield more unique and synergistic with the 2-piece set bonus?

Give the Reman shield a 10% all energy resist. Its absolutely needed.

Passive
When receiving All Energy Damage, 10% chance of applying Covariant Capacitiance Cell

+5% Maximum Shield Capacity for 30 sec (stacks up to 5 times)
+5% Plasma Torpedo High Yield damage for 20 sec (stacks up to 5 times)

That way a ship would need to take damage in order to increase the high yield torpedo damage. A very nice bonus!
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg