Starfleet Veteran
At Gamescon 2012 the following video demo of Neverwinter's Foundry was recorded by Game Trailers and posted to their site.

Part 1
Part 2

While it's still apparently in Alpha. I'm really excited about the foundry's future in STO.

1. Screenshot previews in map and costume selectors - These are great to help people select map and costumes better.

2. "Populate Room" - 'nough said. Though whether this comes to STO is unknown

3. In-foundry chat - Long awaited and requested feature

4. Custom interiors and doors. Can't wait.

5. Author Subscriptions

Is there anything else you're looking forward to from getting from Neverwinter? Or any other thoughts or questions from watching this video?

I just wanted to share.
Career Officer
# 2
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
It looks great, the room designer will make creating custom makes wayyyy easier.

I am also curious about the end mission chest. What is Cryptic going to do to avoid exploiting it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
It looks great, the room designer will make creating custom makes wayyyy easier.

I am also curious about the end mission chest. What is Cryptic going to do to avoid exploiting it?
She answered that in the Q&A session at the end (although it was hard to hear) that the reward would be based on the characters level and how long it took to play the mission.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 4
08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
She answered that in the Q&A session at the end (although it was hard to hear) that the reward would be based on the characters level and how long it took to play the mission.
I hope this comes to STO.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
A couple of interesting points:

First, the Interact with Object objective she was using had advanced options. It's hard to make out, but I can pick out the 3rd field which says Failure Text. Now this is interesting because for us, it isn't possible to fail an Interact objective.

Also in addition to the long lost Dialog with Object, they have another new objective. It looks like Unlock Door. Could be specific to Neverwinter or it could have something to do with custom interiors.

You'll also notice that in the map editor, they have a couple extra tabs. I can just make out that they have a Traps tab and a Teleporter tab. Now these could be object type unique to Neverwinter, but I can't help but think of hazards and in-map transfers.

I'm a little sorry they didn't have time to go deeper, I would have loved to seen they're trigger options and NPC behaviors.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 08-19-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
08-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I noticed that Popup dialogue isn't part of the story section anymore.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I noticed that Popup dialogue isn't part of the story section anymore.
Good point, I wonder if that is because Neverwinter doesn't have anything like bridge officers, comm systems or anything else that would involve talking to someone that isn't directly in front of you.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 8
08-19-2012, 11:13 PM
MMmmmm.... I want these pants...
Career Officer
# 9
08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
At Gamescon 2012 the following video demo of Neverwinter's Foundry was recorded by Game Trailers and posted to their site.

Part 1
Part 2
I really wish Cryptic made cities and zones as grand as what was on that video.

Foundry Chat: Nice! Be nice to chat while designing without cutting out while having to get off the testing character.

Map Previews: I really liked. Nice we don't have to go 1 at a time like with the current version.

Customizeable Interior Rooms: Really like to see that for STO. Make ships feel like ships.

Enemy Difficulty?: Ohh this is nice.

Job Board: Really liked the Improved UI where you can find things with a click, especially the Author's other works.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Lieutenant
# 10
08-20-2012, 03:53 AM
It sure looks 100 times better than STO Foundry. I bet the day they go to release it, 95% of the assets are missing or unavailable. The official excuse will be... oh that was the alpha version.