Rihannsu
# 11
08-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Well for Chat I just do a map preview, I can chat on chat channels in map preview mode.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I really wish Cryptic made cities and zones as grand as what was on that video.
Visit Qo'noS.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
# 13
08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I liked the in-game cash donation feature... very interesting idea, I wonder how well it would work.
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
I liked the in-game cash donation feature... very interesting idea, I wonder how well it would work.
We already have that, players can tip dilithium to authors.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 15
08-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
We already have that, players can tip dilithium to authors.
Just goes to show I need to pay more attention to the Foundry, then. I've been holding out for a while to see how the NW version is adapted to ours.
Career Officer
# 16
08-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Visit Qo'noS.
Are you serious? You could fit several First Cities in the city of Neverwinter.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 17
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
There's been tons of news about the Neverwinter Foundry ever since Gamescom finished as Cryptic seemed to be really pushing the Foundry to anyone who was interested. Here's a couple interesting links I found.

This is a video I found of the Foundry presentation. It's being done by a different person than the one floating around on the forum so while he does the same things, he does talk about a few things the other presenter didn't talk about and also answers a few questions from the crowd. One big thing is that he goes into greater detail on the "Quest Board" and "Author Page".

Video Link (scroll down a bit): http://www.pcgames.de/Neverwinter-PC...undry-1018577/

There was also an article theverge.com about the Foundry. There's a lot of things that the article mentioned that wasn't in the demo itself.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...om-pvp-to-text

Here are some quotes about things we haven't heard about before:

Quote:
The Dialog editor might be the most impressive feature of all. It allows players to build incredibly complex loops and trees of conversation with NPC contacts. Creators can gate off certain options until the player has acquired a particular item, fulfilled an objective, or ? take note, classic D&D players ? make accessible secret options if a player is proficient enough in a certain skill. Just imagine having a conversation with an NPC contact, and then being given the option to call out his hidden entourage because your Perception was high enough.
Most of this we are familiar with, but the "secret options" is something we don't have. While stats aren't a big deal in STO as most games, this certainly reminds me of the Tactical/Science/Engineering quest branches that some Cryptic missions have included.

Quote:
Creators can tag their levels with various classifications for potential players to locate them; "German" to indicate that it's written in German, or "Non-Combat" to show that it's entirely composed of puzzles and dialog.
Tags will be a great boost for finding mission content. If a player is looking for a specific type of mission (Klingon, Time Travel etc) they could just use this instead of scrolling through the ENTIRE LIST of missions. It will also help authors get their missions some more exposure.

Quote:
They can even link their levels together into entire campaigns and quest chains; even if all of the links in that chain haven't been built yet.
We've heard about the STO devs wanting this as well. It's cool that missions that don't yet exist can be put in the chains.

Quote:
Zinkievich also confirmed that Cryptic was working to add Player-vs-Player functionality in Foundry, giving players access to the entire range of tools therein. That means they won't just make arenas for players to fight in; they can create objectives, or put every player on a race to finish the same quest.
Personally I wouldn't know what to do with this but I still find it an interesting concept. I'm sure there's other people here who would be able to do something cool.

Quote:
Quests award XP based on how long the players spent playing them ? a five-minute quest only gives a fraction of how much an hour-long quest will award.
Something we've been looking for since the Foundry came into existence! However Clickies will still be used if they keep the 1440 Dilithium "Investigate Officer Reports" mission. Hopefully it will be tossed in lieu of the new reward system.

Quote:
The only real restriction is the treasure chest which players can drop once into their levels, which also scales based on how long the quest takes to complete. However, creators will be able to pick specific types of items (swords, helmets, etc.), which will then automatically be fitted to the class of the player which found it. Best of all, after picking the archetype for the item, the creator can name it, and then that name will stay with the item even after the player has left the dungeon.
Kind of cool, people can integrate this reward into their missions. For example "steal super gun from Dominions" mission which rewards you the "Shapeshifting Rifle"

Quote:
...players can only earn four hours worth of XP and loot from UGC missions in a day.
I think this is a step in the right direction. Exploiters will exploit but this allows both some protection against them and allows players to play a hefty amount of UGC before being capped.
Career Officer
# 18
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Are you serious? You could fit several First Cities in the city of Neverwinter.
Mistook your use of "grand" to mean "stately, or splendid nature" rather than "large or impressive in size."
Career Officer
# 19
08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
I really wish Cryptic made cities and zones as grand as what was on that video.
They do, check out Millenium City in Champions online.. unfortunately in STO, the closest we have to that is "sector space" which no one wants to spend any time in, because it's just the space between missions.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Most of this we are familiar with, but the "secret options" is something we don't have. While stats aren't a big deal in STO as most games, this certainly reminds me of the Tactical/Science/Engineering quest branches that some Cryptic missions have included.
We have this to a degree. We can hide/shoow based on objectives and in map object dialogs triggers such as Object interacted, reached markers and Dialog prompt reached.

Just an FYI

Last edited by bazag; 08-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.