Career Officer
# 31
09-16-2012, 12:03 AM
I do like the current Caitian styles, though most seem appropriate for the femenine Caitian/Ferasan, especailly the hair (though really, male caitians look just fine with the short/original hair). The patters can use a little more variety, in my opinion, though.

Also, one thing that I thought would be nice for the Caitians/Ferasans is having a barefoot costume option. M'Ress, for example. I don't know how canon Caitians/Ferasans would usually wear based on uniform (Animated Series canon?). Also, you'd think they'd have feet like the typical feline anthro (which essentially is what the Caitians/Ferasans are) that are shaped like the hindfeet of canines/felines. I'm not gonna ramble about the minor details...but in general, I'd like to see such an add-on sometime, just to give Caitians/Ferasans a more attractive/canon feel.

Also, jewelery-wise, it'd be neat if the dangling earrings Ferasans have could be used with Caitians too. Not the biggest fan of the default looped earrings.
Ensign
# 32
09-17-2012, 07:44 AM
I'll admit that I do like the fact that we've FINALLY got some fluffy fur to occupy that old caitian scalp, but yeah, I'd be totally down for the M'Ress style mane. Just make it part of the TOS set, and I'd spend my Zen on it in a heartbeat. I'd also settle for an ST:TAS pack as well, since The Animated Series had some pretty neat stuff that would be nice to see in-game.

Come on, Edosian crewmembers would be awesome.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
I still think that they could implement a temporary solution of letting Caitians and Ferasans use all the other existing hairstyles in this game, until this fabled "new hair tech" comes along.
Captain
# 34
09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salenferret View Post
I'll admit that I do like the fact that we've FINALLY got some fluffy fur to occupy that old caitian scalp, but yeah, I'd be totally down for the M'Ress style mane. Just make it part of the TOS set, and I'd spend my Zen on it in a heartbeat. I'd also settle for an ST:TAS pack as well, since The Animated Series had some pretty neat stuff that would be nice to see in-game.

Come on, Edosian crewmembers would be awesome.
I know right?!?! I've been asking for that stuff for so long! With canon out the window, hey why not?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 35
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I know right?!?! I've been asking for that stuff for so long! With canon out the window, hey why not?
Beacuse Cryptic only has a license for the shows and movies, not the animated stuff.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
09-25-2012, 01:00 PM
That or they just plain don't want to do it.
Captain
# 37
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Beacuse Cryptic only has a license for the shows and movies, not the animated stuff.
The animated stuff counts as a show. -_-

They don't have licenses to the stuff that was created by other people however, hence the Ferasans.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 38
09-26-2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
The animated stuff counts as a show. -_-

They don't have licenses to the stuff that was created by other people however, hence the Ferasans.
Whether it counts as show or not is not actually the issue.
Whether they have a license or not is and Dstahl said the reason they could use the Caitians is because they were also used outside TAS.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...8&postcount=38
Captain
# 39
09-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Whether it counts as show or not is not actually the issue.
Whether they have a license or not is and Dstahl said the reason they could use the Caitians is because they were also used outside TAS.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...8&postcount=38
The Kzinti were tied to Larry Niven, not Star Trek. If they wanted to put stuff from TAS in they easily could. But people aren't familiar with it, so they think it wouldn't sell.

Rihannsu
# 40
09-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
The Kzinti were tied to Larry Niven, not Star Trek. If they wanted to put stuff from TAS in they easily could. But people aren't familiar with it, so they think it wouldn't sell.
No, they cant.

Larry Niven written TAS episodes and so put put them in but he never given then the rights to them, the rights belong to Larry Niven that simply must act if its used on a commercial product.

The Kzint as of the Known Space cannot be used since they are contained to those TAS episodes, I you can very well put the names on it since you cannot copyright words and that happened they never gone as far as every showing then because they could not be the Kzint of the TAS.