Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 1 So Shanty Town?
08-14-2012, 05:54 PM
@Cryptic: I was wondering if you took two steps back to think and test before you released the changes to this map? If so, I don't think you did a very good job and highly recommend you revert what can only be described as mistakes to this map.

For those who do not know, Shanty Town is a ground pvp assault map. You download a virus, transport it across the map and upload it to the enemy mainframe. Enemy mainframes are guarded by turrets, with an unguarded (albeit with a small turret) data terminal in middle that gives less points if uploaded to. It's a symmetrical quite evenly balanced map, at least used to be.

Thanks to a recent update, intentional or unintentional, I am unsure. You have dumped a huge pile of sand on the fed side of the map. What purpose this serves I don't know, but it has resulted in the KDF side not being able to use the middle data terminal and has buried several federation turrets underneath the sand.

These fed turrets can shoot you from underneath the sand and are completely invulnerable. They shoot at you while uploading to the mainframe so means that unless you have someone covering you (ie blocking the shots) on KDF side, you cannot upload data. I believe this constitutes a huge balance error.

NOTE: This version of Shanty Town I have only encountered in public PvP matches.
Captain
# 2
08-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Career Officer
# 3
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
STO has ground PVP?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-15-2012, 09:06 AM
lol they should move the terminals to the upper level... move/remove any turrets stuck under the sand and leave it... this sand is epic for spotting cloakers.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
08-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I've updated the patch notes from yesterday to include that this was fixed. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31#post5333831

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
STO has ground PVP?
It does but the problem among it not having any purpose in the game as far as how rewards go... My tests show that pretty much it would be a tactical fest due to engineering and science abilites being broken and won't work half the time. In the ground pvp its basically who ever fires first is the winner.