Lt. Commander
# 11
08-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I won't reiterate what others have already said in the thread, 'll just add this.

The Vo'Quv is my favorite if for no other reason than its adorably chubby for a Starship.

If ever there was a ship that could waddle over and smash someone to pieces with heavy firepower, that would be it.
A half faction is no faction at all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Nugget here.

First experience with a carrier was the atrox. The 2nd experience was the tholian recluse. And the third experience was with the kar'fi.

I wish the Feds had a Kar'fi to choose from!

It's a nice ship especially for many who don't like to fly blimps!
Career Officer
# 13
08-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow - some great opinions and info here! It's a tough call because they all bring something to the table - even the Pig Carrier I have currently. I like the bonus firepower of the Kar-Fi, but I also liek the flexibility of the Recluse. Gah!

Keep 'em coming! Info is good!
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
To add some....

My fed character has the tholian recluse and the option to use the atrox (tried the atrox on another fed toon and didn't feel like giving it a spin especially after getting a recluse).

My klink has the Kar'Fi.

I prefer my klink these days...specificall for the Kar'fi. Lots of firepower, pets, and staying power even though some would disagree. My klink is an engineer...that might be influencing my opinion!
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-21-2012, 11:19 PM
As a 'pig carrier' fan, after getting the Karfi I can say it's great fun and was refreshing after flying the Marauder for so long.

The turn rate and superior fire power mixed in with some high end sci skills is quite a change to the slower turning Marauder and was quite refreshing.

And being an engineer captain makes it decently survivable if built and handled well.

Vo'Quv, have it, but not a fan really. I'm not really into support play, I either want to be in the thick of it taking or giving a beating. Marauder can tank nicely enough (even better than the voquv), and the Karfi can dish it out, so Vo'Quv for me has drifted in to the mothball section of my ship yard.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser