Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
I just started playing and am lvl 15. My wife bought me a $20 card what should I spend it on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Best thing to get first is more character slots so you can try out the other classes. It's nice to have one of every class on both sides as you never know when you may want to be a KDF Sci or Fed Eng. Multiple characters will also help earn more dilithium and that can be turned into more Zen points as you will need 2500 for any of the account wide level 50 ship unlocks. The increased EC cap is also a useful unlock early on since it is account wide too.

I would avoid getting any of the bank, account bank or inventory slot increases as if you really want those unlocks, it is best to find a cheap copy of the game on Amazon or Ebay and use the code to get Gold for a month and get all those bank and inventory slot increases for free from the Gold membership. That will also give you 500 zen too for being gold for a month.
Ensign
# 3
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I just bought a $10 card, bought keys and played the tholian lockbox lottery with them. I got 3 duty officer packs and some ??Fleet Credit Bonus?? things. I'm not going to do that again although it seems allright that I got some more duty officers.
Captain
# 4
08-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I suggest utility items, such as EC cap increase, Character slots, boff slots, Etc.

I would NOT suggest buying a ship until you have an idea what play style and ships you enjoy using.

Also, bnotorious, the Fleet Credit Bonus is used for earning fleet credits faster when you donate to a fleet project. Obviously, you need to be in a fleet before you can donate to a fleet project.

I am a Fleet Admiral Fleet Operations. If you are interested in joining, send me an in game PM to @kyeto13, or you can look around to any of our members

Last edited by kyeto13; 08-19-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Ensign
# 5
08-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I was just looking at Bridge Officer Slots. That sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Captain
# 6
08-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Quick question, are you silver or gold player, if silver you should subscribe for 1 month to level up and get all the perks and then use some of your card or the 1 month stippend to get the EC upgrade - or find a very cheap copy of the game for the 1 month gold
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-20-2012, 06:29 AM
My advice would be to hold off spending it straight away. You will be wanting to research the game first of all, get a feel for it and you will see more clearly where you will want to spend that money. Everyone plays differently and in a few weeks you will see how you own game play style develops and you will have a better understanding where that money will be better spent.
Captain
# 8
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
If I had $20.00 worth of Zen I'd buy my wife's character a nice sexy TOS miniskirt, some of those tall boots, you know what I'm talking about...
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-20-2012, 06:38 AM
All 'o the above and...a Borg bridge officer!
Community Moderator
# 10
08-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
If I had $20.00 worth of Zen I'd buy my wife's character a nice sexy TOS miniskirt, some of those tall boots, you know what I'm talking about...
My wife's account has had that item purchased ;-) She's one hot Andorian lol.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.