Lt. Commander
Hi! Sorry if this is a noob question, I've searched the forums but couldn't find a definite answer.

Is there any way to customize the uniforms of the Security Officers who beam down with you? It's a little jarring that myself and my Bridge Officers are wearing TMP-era uniforms and the Security Officers are wearing what appears to be random red 2409-era uniforms.

For that matter, can you change the uniforms that the crew in your ship interior wear?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2011, 01:30 PM
It's been on the wish list since day one, I hear it's in the works....but don't quote me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
It's been on the wish list since day one, I hear it's in the works....but don't quote me.
It was in February's "Ask Cryptic" - The very first question.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=201423

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
It was in February's "Ask Cryptic" - The very first question.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=201423

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291
The way I read the question, it's related but slightly different than this answer pertains to.

I think the OP's question actually concerns the "generic" security team officers that beam down with you when you have less than 5 people in your away team (most notably early in your career).

As far as those generic security team officers go, I don't see it as such a big deal -- it's easy and cheap enough to just go to the Exchange or the Personnel officer and pick up enough of whatever officers you want, customize their clothing to match your current scheme, then fill out your team on the "Assignments" tab. That way, you don't have to ever see those generic crewmen again.

As far as the answer in the "Ask Cryptic" article, they have said they're working on the ship interior officers' looks, as it's obviously something many people want, so hopefully sometime soon we'll have that control (possibly even as part of the upcoming "Duty Roster" system?).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I would love the option to set a specific set of uniforms that could be used for both away teams and ship crew. It could even work with starfleet personnel on ESD etc. (Different players would each see the uniform set they wanted to see.) It would certainly help with the immersion in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stained_Glass_Scarlet View Post
The way I read the question, it's related but slightly different than this answer pertains to.
Oh Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panache View Post
For that matter, can you change the uniforms that the crew in your ship interior wear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJArcher621
Will a feature be added to change the uniform of your ship interior crew members?
Those 2 questions look identical to me.

I will admit that Panache also asked about Security Officers that beam down with you. If I had to guess, I'd think the "Crew-Style Uniform" that you will eventually be able to create would apply to those Security Officers. Although, it could be not since you only have them until you get 4 BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I was actually asking two separate questions. The first was indeed about the generic security officers who beam down with you on away team missions, but Stained_Glass_Scarlet answered that with a pretty reliable "workaround" about buying your own officers. Yeah, this is in regards to pretty early in the game when you have random redshirts beam down with you.

I was also curious about changing the uniform with the crew that wanders around your ship, which I now see has been answered in last month's Ask Cryptic session. (Thanks, PhiloPhi!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
Oh Really?
Yes -- really. I'm sorry your interpretation didn't agree with mine.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2011, 12:56 AM
it was in the crew system i authored, but the duty roster system they have gone with cut out many of the key purposes we wanted a crew system like customizing crew uniforms
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2011, 01:34 AM
What would be even more awesome is if the filler security guards were automatically given the TMP style security uniforms and helmets!

BTW - I'm trying to do a TMP era photostory on Youtube and it would be really handy if you were willing to post screenshots of appropriately attired bodies from away missions for use as action poses. TMP didn't have a whole lot of action and I'm struggling to knock up pictures for the climax of the story.

Cheers!