Ensign
How do you format your text in your biography so that other people can see it correctly? Specifically, how do you put in line breaks?

I thought it was with codes like [p] and [/p]. That is what I had read on this or the Champions forum. I had mine set up like that. But someone whispered me to tell me that those codes do not actually work.

I see people with beautifully formatted bios so it must be possible. How exactly please?

Thank you!
Commander
# 2
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
If I remember right it is just like using Word. Just use the enter key. Try that out and see if it fixes the problem.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Enter does not put line breaks into the player's in-game biography. I have the same problem, actually.
Captain
# 4
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Biogaphy text box uses basic htML formatting. Use <br> to put in a line break. Use <p>.....<p> around your paragraphs. and you can use <b>...</b> (Bold) , <i>...</i> (italics) for highlighting blocks of text.
Ensign
# 5
08-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Biogaphy text box uses basic htML formatting. Use <br> to put in a line break. Use <p>.....<p> around your paragraphs. and you can use <b>...</b> (Bold) , <i>...</i> (italics) for highlighting blocks of text.
Well, that is what I had thought, and what I was using. It's just that someone whispered me and said "just so you know, html formatting doesn't work in bios". So now I wasn't sure.

Thank you for replies!
Career Officer
# 6
08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
I write up my biographies in a Word Document so I can clearly see the formatting, then copy and paste it into STO. You won't be able to see the formatting yourself (when you click the 'i' on your toon), but for others the formatting will appear correctly.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
I tried this, it doesn't work either.
Career Officer
# 8
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyoko4 View Post
Well, that is what I had thought, and what I was using. It's just that someone whispered me and said "just so you know, html formatting doesn't work in bios". So now I wasn't sure.

Thank you for replies!
HTML works for some, and not for others... You never know... For example: Use HTML, and I will see the formatting... However, the guy next to me can't.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports