Starfleet Veteran
I found a fanmade trailer on youtube (which for the most part is pretty meh), but shows a ship in drydock looking like a near perfect evolution and refit of the older Sovereign class.

It retains all the design choices that made the Sovereign a Sovereign and still looks more advanced and way cooler than what we recently got in game (sorry jamjamz, but why couldn't you make it look similar to this? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=acJDPsf3TDE

Last edited by timelord79; 08-21-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Captain
# 2
08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Mind posting a link?

I find the Regent class a bit meh too so I kitbashed some Imperial class parts on it to make it look bulkier, as an assault role ship would. I picked on the Regent the moment it appeared on Dev Blogs because it was blocky and flat at the same time, with none of the swooping complex curves that made the Odyssey class attractive.

EDIT

This is the corrected link, which works when clicked on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=acJDPsf3TDE

Game looks like it's from 2008, pretty decent FX and physics model (check out the photon impact hit feedback!)

Skip to 1:23 to see the Sovereign-R in drydock.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-21-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Corrected the link, thanks.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-21-2012, 02:32 AM
At first, I looked at the ship in Earth orbit and found it a bit too flat. I experimented with Imperial and Majestic pieces (my assault cruisers were always mixtures of the two), but then decided to stick with the original design by JamJamz.

And yes, I had to command it for a few hours in battle before I saw the beauty. But now I would not exchange it for any of the other options.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 5
08-21-2012, 07:36 AM
i am using mostly regent with sov hull and pylons

wanted to use just the sov hull but do to how "short" the sov model is it caused the nacelles to crash into the back of the saucer with the regent pylons
Rihannsu
# 6
08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm using it with the Sovereign saucer and nacelles, the Nobel's hull and neck, and the Regent's pylons.

I think it looks very close to what a class between the Sovereign and the Odyssey would look like.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8...2081900061.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9...2081900054.jpg
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Commander
# 7
08-21-2012, 08:08 AM
At first, I was on the hate bandwagon against the Regent's look and wanted to use the sovereign skin only. But I decided to give it a fair shot, a few hours flying around with it before i made up my own mind about the skin. And I must say, I enjoy the look of it. Plus being one of the few people that have a Regent and using the actual Regent skin is kinda neat, you hardly see anyone flying around in it, compared to the space whale...I mean Odyssey.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Captain
# 8
08-22-2012, 04:35 AM
People need to stop dumping on the Regent class. It looks great and unique from the other assault cruiser variants. It's a lot better than that crappy sovereign ripoff design in the op's video.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-22-2012, 04:48 AM
I don't understand why some folks want the Regent to look like a Sovereign so badly. If they want a Sovereign, use the damned Sovereign skin, it's not as if Cryptic's deleted it (yet)! I don't hear this kind of whining about the Noble, Majestic or Imperial, and those designs are even more radical a departure from "what makes a Sovereign a Sovereign".

The Regent is a different ship. Deal with it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
I don't understand why some folks want the Regent to look like a Sovereign so badly. If they want a Sovereign, use the damned Sovereign skin, it's not as if Cryptic's deleted it (yet)! I don't hear this kind of whining about the Noble, Majestic or Imperial, and those designs are even more radical a departure from "what makes a Sovereign a Sovereign".

The Regent is a different ship. Deal with it.
I'm intending to do as you say - use the Sovereign skin. The refit is underwhelming on other grounds and its look is of least concern. I may however moan about the Odyssey which is stuck with one skin only if you wish.