Captain
How many new type ships are going to come out before you bring and old ventage ship into playable service? I and others have been waiting for 2 years for the Ambassidor class ship to come out. I have an alt character and crew set up to be on the old ship. He is also my test dumby for the new cruisers and carriers that come out. I don't know wether to hold on to my money or not. I am certaly not going to buy every new ship that comes out.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
How many new type ships are going to come out before you bring and old ventage ship into playable service? I and others have been waiting for 2 years for the Ambassidor class ship to come out. I have an alt character and crew set up to be on the old ship. He is also my test dumby for the new cruisers and carriers that come out. I don't know wether to hold on to my money or not. I am certaly not going to buy every new ship that comes out.
Never. Don't want it, don't care about it. Though it would fix my OCD about owning all the 'enterprise' ships...so far they haven't made the shuttlecraft and the aircraft carrier though.... not to mention the square-rigged tall ship...so I might be out of luck!
Captain
# 3
08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
If you don't want it, why bother to say anything? You totally lost me with the rest of the stuff you was talking about.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Because you posted in favor of it?

....really? You don't know the history of the ship named Enterprise? There was a shuttle named Enterprise, there was an Aircraft Carrier named Enterprise...there was a British Royal Navy square rigged sailing ship named Enterprise.....
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-08-2012, 05:06 PM
From what the Developers are saying the ship is coming. No time frame, no dates and no plans. Since the next ship to come out is the Regent upgrade to the Assault Cruiser I would say not until a month or two after that at the earliest but I could be completely wrong.

I'm not sure but going by the show, it can't have been that practical as a ship. With Oberths, Excelsiors and even Mirandas around next to the Galaxy no Ambassador classes where ever seen except for Yesterdays Enterprise. And the Galaxy was a pretty new design at the time of TNG.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.

Last edited by dknight0001; 08-08-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typos
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-08-2012, 05:57 PM
there are 6 appearances of it actually. the galaxy was the direct replacement for the ambassador, neither were a high production ship because they are so overwhelmingly massive compared to those mass produced oberths, excelsiors and mirandas.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
08-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
From what the Developers are saying the ship is coming. No time frame, no dates and no plans. Since the next ship to come out is the Regent upgrade to the Assault Cruiser I would say not until a month or two after that at the earliest but I could be completely wrong.

I'm not sure but going by the show, it can't have been that practical as a ship. With Oberths, Excelsiors and even Mirandas around next to the Galaxy no Ambassador classes where ever seen except for Yesterdays Enterprise. And the Galaxy was a pretty new design at the time of TNG.
I agree with dontdrunkimshoot, it was the same ship class Commander Riker took charge of in "Redemption Part II." The Ambassidor class ship was sited at least 6 time in TNG. Yesterdays Enterprise was the only episode where it was shown up close and very detailed. The other episodes, had it flying along side the Enterprise-D.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 08-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
When are we going to get the Ambassidor?
When are we going to stop getting new threads about Ambassador?
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
probably never , when its released people will most likely still ask where is it
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 10
08-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
When are we going to stop getting complaints about threads requesting the Ambassador?