Ensign
# 1 Founding a Fleet!
06-10-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm looking for some help starting a fleet and will be willing to pay 3,000 credits to each person (max of 4 people) to help me get this done this week.

If interested please meet me on Earth Space Dock outside the Fleet Recruitment officer at 8:30 EST. Once the fleet is founded I will send each of the other 4 members 3,000 credits for helping me get this done.

I have not decided what the fleet will be called yet, but it will be for those who live in Dixie, or the Southern US. Currently there is not a fleet for players from this region.

If interested respond to this post and let me know that you are on board
Ensign
# 2
06-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Since nobody has responded I wanted to sweeten the pot and up the bounty to 5K in credits per person who helps me get the fleet formed.

Its easy credits given that you don't have to even stay in the fleet once its formed. At most it will take about 5 minutes of your time.

Easy credits

Last edited by bubbafloyd; 06-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Ensign
# 3
06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
You mean 5k EC? Seriously? I thought the cheapest offers go starting from 50k. 5k is a matter of seconds to farm in STO.
Best regards,
Extreme Community "Star Trek Online Fleet" Administration
Career Officer
# 4
06-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Hello friend I don't mean any disrespect but I believe you'll have to offer a little more to start a fleet. I know when I started Liberty Task Force I offered 1,000,000 EC for players to help me form it. You can imagine I got several PM's within seconds. One of the players stayed and joined, the other had his alt in the fleet, and the other three just left.

Also, just my advice don't limit your fleet to just a specific geographical location, just my opinion, you might be limiting yourself.

In either case, good luck with your venture. If it doesn't go through you can always join us, we are a good and friendly fleet. Visit us at www.libertytaskforce.com anytime, we also use TeamSpeak 3 for our voice chat. Take care, good luck.

-Grayfox
http://www.libertytaskforce.com
Ensign
# 5
06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
im in VA however im also trying to start a fleet that goes with my XBL group
Ensign
# 6
06-18-2013, 09:46 AM
So essentially I will need 4,000,000 in EC's to get a fleet? Seems a bit steep. How about 50,000 EC a person?

I can see where some elite members would scoff at this deal, but for an entry-level to mid-level Federation player, 50,000 EC's can buy you a bunch of nice upgrades on the exchange for your ship, character, and bridge staff.

So are there any takers out there for 50,000 EC's a person?

It will literally take like 10 minutes of your time assuming that all of the other 4 players shows up to Earth Space Dock at the right time.

Currently I have just over 100K in EC's so if there are any takers let me know. I should have the other 100K in no time now that I have a nice setup on the Dallas, my defiant class ship.

Last edited by bubbafloyd; 06-18-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
06-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't know how long you've been playing STO but most players want someone with experience running a fleet and also having resources such as a website and a voice chat like Teamspeak 3 or Mumble.

My offer still stands to join us www.libertytaskforce.com but if you still want to go through with it send me an in-game e-mail at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames and I will give you 200,000 EC courtesy of Liberty Task Force to help you get started.
http://www.libertytaskforce.com
Career Officer
# 8 channel
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
...there is a channel called "FleetofOne" ,I believe, that has people, like myself, that are willing to help......usually we do it out of the kindness of our hearts...but I haven't seen any chatter on the channel in a long while...so try it and see if you can get people to come up for air.........
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ensign
# 9
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM
You don't need to pay anyone. I made my fleet the other day for free. I just stood near the Fleet administrator and asked people to help me. And they did they all left once I made it.
Ensign
# 10
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfoxjames View Post
I don't know how long you've been playing STO but most players want someone with experience running a fleet and also having resources such as a website and a voice chat like Teamspeak 3 or Mumble.

My offer still stands to join us www.libertytaskforce.com but if you still want to go through with it send me an in-game e-mail at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames and I will give you 200,000 EC courtesy of Liberty Task Force to help you get started.
I might take you up on your offer if I can't get the fleet founded. I have experience running guilds in WoW and D&D, and know what is involved with running big in game groups.

I'm not really looking to start a big fleet, just a small one that is regional minded.

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents on this issue, I will try to start a fleet for free this week... and will look for that "fleetofone" channel. If I can't get it going then I will try to pay people to help me get it going.

I have over 200,000 EC's thanks to the Dallas

At this point since I have had no success at getting one, it has become my mission to get this fleet started.
USS Texas (NCC361836) - Ambassador Class
USS Dallas (NCC361836-A) - Defiant Class
USS Florida (NCC361513) - Sovereign Class (Mirror)
USS Stonewall Jackson (NCC241861) - Prometheus Class