Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 261
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
PvP 1v1, before you type, please. Until then, I recommend questioning your reasoning behind "You suck because I never PvPd you"



Yes you did the "math" for an older ship, not bothering to compare it to the new fleet advanced escort which comes with a better shield modifier, or considered what mode said ship was even in.

Furthermore I think my post clearly pointed out the nill difference between shields and hull here, yet you glorify those minor numbers as some kind of game breaking mechanic. FURTHERMORE, Field Generators? Really? ~
1 no one knows who you are. You're a pug hero, and have stated this many times with your "I 1v5 I am legendary!" rants.

Actually even for the new MVAM in Command mode it will come up short. Sorry again kiddo. I've already covered that little detail. It's not my fault you are as illiterate as you are poor for teamplay. Minor #s mean a big deal in MMOs. The sooner you learn that the faster you'll stop being a faceroller. To say nothing of the other myriad of advantages the bug still has over the fleet ships which I also covered, again lrn2read. Maybe I should get you http://www.youtube.com/user/hookedon...e=results_main for christmas?

RE RE about small differences, the "small" differences between the Oddy, starcruiser and assault cruiser were enough to put the AC and SC into virtual Rest Home Status. The only people left flying them are those that refuse to buy something so hideous for a performance gain, and people that don't know better. The funny thing is the bug has many many more small gains than the Oddy does compared to standard cruisers.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 08-28-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 569
# 262
08-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Frosty, I think you criticize all p2w games business models. You either have to play this game as a full time job, to grind enough dilithium and exchange it for z credits (and really, who can really afford it except few people) and buy all the goodies, either open your wallet. Husanak nailed it right, you want to stay competitive, maybe even getting a slight edge, you must buy the zstore ships or open lots of boxes and take your chances in winning a better ship. This game is not what it was before pwe acquired cryptic, it follows a different model that by definition creates advantages for people that get best gear. And right now, this seems to work for cryptic better than it worked in the past, when they tried to have more ballanced ships/gear. I'm pretty sure mwo will follow the same path. The only difference would be that the gear may be less expensive (or more for that reason). P2w seems to be the key to success for mmos these days.

What I would do, is to offer some "upgrade" option that would transform your ship in a +1, or another upgrade that will give you whatever station in a ship as a universal. It would still mean "open your wallet" but let some people to keep their favorite choice ship.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 263
08-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Frosty, I think you criticize all p2w games business models. You either have to play this game as a full time job, to grind enough dilithium and exchange it for z credits (and really, who can really afford it except few people) and buy all the goodies, either open your wallet. Husanak nailed it right, you want to stay competitive, maybe even getting a slight edge, you must buy the zstore ships or open lots of boxes and take your chances in winning a better ship. This game is not what it was before pwe acquired cryptic, it follows a different model that by definition creates advantages for people that get best gear. And right now, this seems to work for cryptic better than it worked in the past, when they tried to have more ballanced ships/gear. I'm pretty sure mwo will follow the same path. The only difference would be that the gear may be less expensive (or more for that reason). P2w seems to be the key to success for mmos these days.

What I would do, is to offer some "upgrade" option that would transform your ship in a +1, or another upgrade that will give you whatever station in a ship as a universal. It would still mean "open your wallet" but let some people to keep their favorite choice ship.
That would be cool except a lot of us have ships that are Tier I to III of which are our favorite ships. Mine is the Miranda Class. I love that ship design. Second is the Ambassador, third is my Galaxy Class.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 569
# 264
08-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
That would be cool except a lot of us have ships that are Tier I to III of which are our favorite ships. Mine is the Miranda Class. I love that ship design. Second is the Ambassador, third is my Galaxy Class.
I'm sure cryptic will follow up with something like this, so far we have fleet saber (edit: or escort carrier for that reason with Akira skin). I bet they'll add more ships from lower tiers as new fleet ships or box ships. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised to offer opposite faction ships as mirror universe box ship, with cloak and all the goodies. Heck, if that means more sales, why wouldn't they do it, lol.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 471
# 265
08-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
I'm sure cryptic will follow up with something like this, so far we have fleet saber (edit: or escort carrier for that reason with Akira skin). I bet they'll add more ships from lower tiers as new fleet ships or box ships. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised to offer opposite faction ships as mirror universe box ship, with cloak and all the goodies. Heck, if that means more sales, why wouldn't they do it, lol.
Tier 5 Constitution +1 super pocket-cruiser Re-Re-Re-Re-Refit...

Commin to a lock box sometime in the future.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,179
# 266
08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
1 no one knows who you are. You're a pug hero, and have stated this many times with your "I 1v5 I am legendary!" rants.
I know who Mewi is and she's a damn good PvPer. I have no idea who you are though.

I suggest you take up the challenge and go PvP her, perhaps you'll learn to be more civil to each other after a good fight.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 267
08-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Frosty, I think you criticize all p2w games business models. You either have to play this game as a full time job, to grind enough dilithium and exchange it for z credits (and really, who can really afford it except few people) and buy all the goodies, either open your wallet. Husanak nailed it right, you want to stay competitive, maybe even getting a slight edge, you must buy the zstore ships or open lots of boxes and take your chances in winning a better ship. This game is not what it was before pwe acquired cryptic, it follows a different model that by definition creates advantages for people that get best gear. And right now, this seems to work for cryptic better than it worked in the past, when they tried to have more ballanced ships/gear. I'm pretty sure mwo will follow the same path. The only difference would be that the gear may be less expensive (or more for that reason). P2w seems to be the key to success for mmos these days.

What I would do, is to offer some "upgrade" option that would transform your ship in a +1, or another upgrade that will give you whatever station in a ship as a universal. It would still mean "open your wallet" but let some people to keep their favorite choice ship.
Actually the really successful f2p mmos over here don't attempt to sell you Victory in a package. They sell you convenience, things like faster unlocks, bank space, etc. The only reason this is "working" is because STO has by and large the lionshare of rabid fanboy trekkies playing it that will buy any and everything trek. They haven't actually gained any new audience, they are only exploiting the ones they have. Age of Conan is doing really well for itself running the correct f2p western model, because the devs weren't complete morons like STO's devs are. Also f2p, and p2w isn't the only way to have a successful game. The state of the game also right now is frankly so poor, that if they were to launch in Asia it would Fail. Hard. They know this, which is why they haven't done it yet. They can't even gain new players over here, in a culture that is very familiar with trek. Because most gamers look and see Cryptic Studios name on the title and go "Yeah not going to happen"

Having devs that give a damn about their community is really the ticket. RIFT is a good example of that, they are still going right along where they were, and are making enough cash on RIFT alone to develop 2 high end projects simultaneously, they have had more content releases, in a six month period than STO has had since beta. They keep at their pvp balance, tweaking things based Directly off of customer feedback, and not some stupid ass spread sheet and mysterious substances that have bearing on Reality.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 268
08-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I know who Mewi is and she's a damn good PvPer. I have no idea who you are though.

I suggest you take up the challenge and go PvP her, perhaps you'll learn to be more civil to each other after a good fight.
I doubt it. That aside, I already offered up a challenge once before. And mewi? Yeah. Dodged it. Someone didn't want to be made a youtube star, one way or another. Also, you know who I am. Or at least you'd recognize my account name in game.

I doubt Mewi is anything really special when "she" makes comments like "I don't 5v5 I 1v5!".

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 08-29-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 269
08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
1 no one knows who you are. You're a pug hero, and have stated this many times with your "I 1v5 I am legendary!" rants.
Ah, I challenged you to a 1v1, you clearly dodged my challenge with an insulting remark. Classy dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
I doubt it. That aside, I already offered up a challenge once before. And mewi? Yeah. Dodged it. Someone didn't want to be made a youtube star, one way or another. Also, you know who I am. Or at least you'd recognize my account name in game.

I doubt Mewi is anything really special when "she" makes comments like "I don't 5v5 I 1v5!".
I CLEARLY just challenged you 10 posts ago? Yet I am the one dodging? All you do is disregard all logic so you can sit in your reinforced shelter of "I'm so good because I didn't fight Mewi, she sucks because I don't know her, and no one knows her, so she must suck at PvP even though I don't know her."

Oh logic, where did you go?

Yes I like unfair teams against me? And? I like a challenge, you are probably the type to be part of the 5 in rather than the 1. I recommend Whispering me @mewi for 1v1 challenge, until then keep your hands away from the keyboard.


PS: When did you ever challenge me? I can't recall a single time, show me the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I know who Mewi is and she's a damn good PvPer. I have no idea who you are though.

I suggest you take up the challenge and go PvP her, perhaps you'll learn to be more civil to each other after a good fight.


Pretty sure I've tried very hard to remain civil to this person, whilst him frequently throwing insults, and belittling me with videos that are clearly meant to offend. What do you think ;3?

Pretty sure this guy is Mavairo on an alt, which would mean he got banned a 2nd time.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 08-29-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 270
08-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
And right now, this seems to work for cryptic better than it worked in the past, when they tried to have more ballanced ships/gear. I'm pretty sure mwo will follow the same path. The only difference would be that the gear may be less expensive (or more for that reason). P2w seems to be the key to success for mmos these days.
Indeed. I don't think we are going to be seeing Sub Style MMOs anymore. They may offer a sub option... really a few years down the road I don't even see them doing that.

Every MMO that has tried to do the perfect balance thing... has failed terribly.

STO failed for 2 years trying hard to keep every ship and skill mostly balanced. Of course you still have to have things mostly equal... but trying to make it perfectly balanced is complete fail.

Look at recent major title game, like TOR. Great base... terrible execution. At the core of why that have has failed (I know its not down and out yet)... I would say is there attempt to balance every single class... and every classes end game gear, ect ect. Funny enough they will be F2P shortly... and I wouldn't doubt that 6 months from now it looks more like STO.

Yes we can argue that they went to far with pushing the bug out of balance to sell them... really I think its just the nature of the single role escort ship in this game... every Lockbox escort ship is going to see much more out of balance then the lockbox cruisers or sci ships.
In most other MMOs there lockbox stuff would be items... STO is different having Captains and Ship combos. Think about any other MMO if they where to do lockbox classes... would a Lockbox assassin ever feel balanced ?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM.