Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 71
08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
since its been raged about all day in here and other threads, and the only dev response was the "working as intended" gem, I am guessing its going to hit Holodeck tomorrow. I am also guessing that immediately after it hits holodeck tomorrow, the forums are going to burn.

The forums...
The forums.....
The forums are on fire.....

Career Officer
# 72
08-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
That's working as intended.
Lol are you even hearing what you're saying?
Commander
# 73
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedge242 View Post
is it additionally intended that DOFFs you purchase from the DOFF rewards vendor (the lt on ESD) can not be donated? Because I was trying to use a green trader and it wouldn't let me use the one that I bought with Dil from there.
The Doffs from Ferra are bound. You can not donate any bound doffs to starbases. You also can't trade in bound ones. There are very few ways to get rid of bound doffs besides dismissing them.
Lieutenant
# 74
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Am I getting it right that in a couple days, you'll be able to buy doffs off the exchange that can't be contributed to fleet projects and don't reward dil. and recruitment cxp when dismissed? And still looking exactly the same as "normal" doffs?

Because that would be very, very wrong. It's like buying a car without even knowing if it has an engine! Just what exactly is one supposed to do with such doffs then resell them (god forbid one binds them in active duty).

Either make those fleet doffs somehow distinct, or make them bound on pickup so they can never actually see the exchange.
I agree entirely with this assessment.

Optimally, of course, would be allowing the Fleet doffs to be contributed to fleet projects; I cannot imagine why Cryptic would prohibit them from being contributed!
Commander
# 75
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
EDIT:
Sorry, misinterpreted a post.
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
[*]Updated Polarized Tetryon weapons so they proc as frequently as intended.
I completed testing on Tribble, the proc is still not working.

Here is a FRAPS capture of 3 beams working over my Karfi, the last shield direction never gets a proc the whole time.

http://hendric.smugmug.com/Other/Vid...cg9b9&lb=1&s=A

(tested multiple times, still no proc. The beam arrays are still reporting as Tetryon beam arrays in the damage window.)
Captain
# 77
08-22-2012, 09:03 PM
You have to admit its an awesome response: "working as intended"

Its like when a Predator drone drops a hellfire on a aftgan village - and they ask the control guys at the CIA what when wrong : "working as intended"

or

when the US election with Florida's "new" electontic voting system displays that 15,000 votes were for Romney in the district - but the are only 1500 eligable voters - what's up? "working as intended"

I love it!
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Tested again with Polarized Tetryon Dual Beam Banks, same no-proc.

http://hendric.smugmug.com/Other/Vid...fQDnV&lb=1&s=A
Starfleet Veteran
# 79
08-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronwmachinegun View Post
Tested again with Polarized Tetryon Dual Beam Banks, same no-proc.

http://hendric.smugmug.com/Other/Vid...fQDnV&lb=1&s=A
I only tested beam banks against NPC but like you I could not get them working. Could we also please get a responce about fleet mines being broken and some types missing?
Rihannsu
# 80
08-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Does it seem like this problem only manifests if the player is muted for an extended period of time?
Had an... "occasion"... to test this issue a little bit more yesterday, but I posted my observations in the existing thread in the Support section:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=11

In short, the chat seems to create strange relations between muted players. It's more about how many are muted and what's their online/offline status, rather then how long they have been muted to begin with.

Last edited by suaveks; 08-23-2012 at 04:01 AM.