Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #26 : Senior Officers
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #26 : Senior Officers.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 2 Who's POV?
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM
I like this idea as my imagination wonders at the relations between each character. Pardon me if it seems silly to ask but, is the point of view supposed to be from the the senior staff members or from the Captain as usual?
Captain
# 3
08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
So......

Just post up the bios of my characters from in game?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Very interesting concept for this challenge.

I might participate in this one.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 08-22-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Captain
# 5
08-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanborg View Post
I like this idea as my imagination wonders at the relations between each character. Pardon me if it seems silly to ask but, is the point of view supposed to be from the the senior staff members or from the Captain as usual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
So......
Just post up the bios of my characters from in game?
As far as i've seen so far it's pretty much up to you. you can do either/or or maybe a little of both. Branflakes usually gives plenty of leeway to let the writer do what works best for the story.

I already know exactly how i'm going to be doing this one and will be jumping on it after i get back.
Commander
# 6
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Hmmm....have to wait till I get home tonight to do this, but seems like quite a project. I've always found the ability to write biographies for your bridge officers a great way to bring them to life, and wondered why you can't read those bios when on the bridge.
Captain
# 7
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Awww, only allowed 1 entry. I was thinking of just posting up all my bios, and then later when i have time write something in character. Like Roderick and Mirat destroyed The Bar. Again. While Gar threw an ice grenade at them. I think I'll just write the in character bit instead. Would be more entertaining.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 8
08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
So I put up my entry.

This time it takes the form of my captain trying not to think about what he is about to do,so he slips in and out of reflective reminiscing.
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorx0 View Post
So I put up my entry.

This time it takes the form of my captain trying not to think about what he is about to do,so he slips in and out of reflective reminiscing.
Very good story. I hope that Zazhid says yes!!

Also, I'd like to send you a friend request in-game, so do you think you could tell me your in-game @handle?
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Rihannsu
# 10
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I thought about entering this (I've never really done one of these) but I couldn't think of a way other than just expanding this http://memory-gamma.wikia.com/wiki/S...ain_Characters it would feel too much like a list. Then again it could be in the form of a PADD entry, an overview of senior officer applicants or something?