Career Officer
# 11
08-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
I thought about entering this (I've never really done one of these) but I couldn't think of a way other than just expanding this http://memory-gamma.wikia.com/wiki/S...ain_Characters it would feel too much like a list. Then again it could be in the form of a PADD entry, an overview of senior officer applicants or something?
I had the same thought, which is why I wrapped a story around it the way I did.

In the end, the only limitation is your imagination.
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 12
08-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorx0 View Post
So I put up my entry.

This time it takes the form of my captain trying not to think about what he is about to do,so he slips in and out of reflective reminiscing.
GAH! that's vaguely similar to how i was doing mine. Not entirely of course but My captain is just left with time to think after an injury so he starts thinking about his crew.
Captain
# 13
08-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I've thought of what form this is gonna take. One of my officers is writing a letter home to her mum about her time on the ship. It's perfect!

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 14
08-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Very good story. I hope that Zazhid says yes!!
All will become clear in my next entry, ideally as an integral part.

If not, I'll be dropping hints a plenty
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Commander
# 15
08-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Posted my own entry last night. The real challenge seems to be that you feel you aren't doing the characters justice with a short description, but writing what you want to would be a few short stories all their own (and be more than the single entry allowed). Hopefully, I've struck a good compromise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
08-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:

I look forward to your next entry, then.

Also, since you seem to be as much of a Gundam Fan as I am, I would like to send you a Friend Request in STO, so we can talk with each other in-game and maybe team up sometimes.

Would that be okay? If so, I would like to know your in-game @handle, so I can send the Friend Request.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Rihannsu
# 17
08-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:

I'm hoping not but I've never liked soppy happy endings
I'm cruel that way
Captain
# 18
08-23-2012, 04:13 PM
And there be my entry. I could have gone on for much, much longer, but figured best to wrap it up. Some of my crew, you will just have to find their backstories some other way.

And yes, that is Ernie Houser, the DOFF man. Cos my BOFFS are friends with the DOFFS. We're all one big happy crew.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'

Last edited by grylak; 08-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Commander
# 19
08-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Some great entries so far. Good reads!

About the only thing I found that bothered me was the abrupt switch from third-person to first-person writing in anurorx0's entry 'Getting a little R&R (or trying to)'. Hard to tell if the entry was supposed to be a personal account or an impersonal one.

Love the differences in approach to the challenge, though!
Career Officer
# 20
08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
Some great entries so far. Good reads!

About the only thing I found that bothered me was the abrupt switch from third-person to first-person writing in anurorx0's entry 'Getting a little R&R (or trying to)'. Hard to tell if the entry was supposed to be a personal account or an impersonal one.

Love the differences in approach to the challenge, though!
The third person section was narration to set the scene. The account itself is indeed intended to be from the perspective of my captain.

Very much akin to any programme where a narrator gives a quick overview, then the actual story of the day starts off.
Ikuzo, Trombe!