Lt. Commander
Now I just want to make all of you aware - and I hope you can see this as a positive thing -, the Deferi are coming out!

I always liked the Deferi and I found it a shame they are so poorly developed. I mean, the invention of this non-trek-lore race was great, but apart from their planet, an episode and the Defera missions, there was not much to this race. But because they are a none-trek-lore race, you can actually do a lot with them! After all, they are new and never mentioned in any of the films and episodes so there are few limitations.

So I found a small group of likeminded people, and we have the intention of making the Deferi into a race that counts. We have a Deferi fleet, we make Deferi boffs, we are asking Cryptic to expand Defera further, but most importantly, we are developing Deferi Lore, expanded on what is already invented in-game. History, culture, physiology, etc, etc.

There were people that tried to do something with the Deferi before, (open a twitter or facebook page, etc.) but not quite as serious as this.

If you want to see what's already there, look at http://www.defera.org. There is a lot there already and a lot more needs to be filled in still.

Now we are looking for like-minded people that want to help us develop the Deferi further, to help invent more Deferi Lore, to help convince people to become Deferi, and most importantly, to help us spread the Balance throughout the Universe.

If you want to help, please contact rauno@hydaspes in-game, or contact us through http://www.defera.org or directly, government@defera.org, and we'll invite you.

And if you don't like Deferi, all I can say is that that is not very balanced.

Last edited by hydaspes; 09-20-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Nice start. Good luck in your endeavors. Defera definitely needs at least basic services
Ensign
# 3
08-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Seeing as that I am already a Deferi and a member of the Defera Starfleet, I shouldn't really reply. I just want to say the Deferi are a really cool race, and definitely a good race to belong to if you like to meet friendly players who treat each other with respect and are broad minded and tolerant. We are a very balanced group!

Thanks Rauno for starting this.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-22-2012, 01:40 AM
The Defera visitor center definitely needs an exchange, bank, mail, vendors, tailor, some (deferi) doff missions. It's a really beautiful place, but there is no reason at all to be there, except for one mission. That's a shame. It would be a really cool place to hang out, and there is little else in the Orellius Sector Block, so....

And definitely there need to be more Deferi too!

Good luck, I'm with you!
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks all.

We hope to petition Cryptic for an enhanced Defera once we have a substantial amount of Deferi. That will help.

But also I'm making a Foundy mission now with a proposed enhanced Defera. I'm going to publish it with the request that if someone wants Defera enhanced/developed, they should give it 5 stars (regardless of the quality of the design). That way it will stay in the top and send a clear message to Cryptic about how many people would appreciate these changes. Instead of a mission it will be a petition. It might work.........or not.....
Captain
# 6
08-22-2012, 03:26 AM
I tried making some costume challenge thingies earlier, planned on hitting Deferi in the second one, but the first one featuring Remans got only 1 reply, and that wasn't a valid entry

Edit: Could you tell me how to build one?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2012, 03:44 AM
@dalolorn

This link leads you directly to the recipe on how to make Deferi. Mind you, ideally the name is also correct (there are examples of names there too).

http://www.defera.org/becoming-deferi.html

Please let us know how it turned out. A good Deferi can be registered in the Defera Citizen Registry, regardles whether you are a fleet member or not. We like to keep track of all Deferi out there.
Captain
# 8
08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
If it were an STOWiki link, I'd go to it. But since it isn't, I'll be a bit more specific and ask for the 'recipe'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 9
08-22-2012, 06:34 AM
This is a pretty cool idea. I may make one of my boffs a Deferi, since I currently have a nobody betazed called Bob who is there purely for numbers, and not a character. I could have fun with a Deferi.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2012, 06:42 AM
@ dalolorn

The recipe is not simple, it takes quite a detailed instruction, all kinds of Deferi examples, etc., and that's on our website, which is basically the Deferi Wiki (sort of). Besides, there is more to being Deferi than just the looks, the culture is the most important.

It's all too much to share with you in a forum. That's why we invested in a large website.

So if you do not want to visit http://www.defera.org then I am at the end of what I can offer. :-(

I wish you balance in your ponderings on this and I am always happy to help.

Last edited by hydaspes; 08-22-2012 at 06:46 AM.