Lt. Commander
# 11
08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
@grylak

A man of taste and Balance you are!

A Deferi boff is also very good for the balance on your bridge!
Captain
# 12
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydaspes View Post
@ dalolorn

The recipe is not simple, it takes quite a detailed instruction, all kinds of Deferi examples, etc., and that's on our website, which is basically the Deferi Wiki (sort of). Besides, there is more to being Deferi than just the looks, the culture is the most important.

It's all too much to share with you in a forum. That's why we invested in a large website.

So if you do not want to visit http://www.defera.org then I am at the end of what I can offer. :-(

I wish you balance in your ponderings on this and I am always happy to help.
How very helpful. The STO wiki has instructions on how to make a Jem'Hadar that are better than what you're telling me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 13
08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
How very helpful. The STO wiki has instructions on how to make a Jem'Hadar that are better than what you're telling me.
The instructions on how to make a deferi character are at the link already provided.
The fact that you won't follow that link unless it's an STO wiki link is why you feel like you have been given no help. Options to choose and sliders to set are all waiting at that link, as well as a wealth of other cool Deferi information.

I followed the link and found an awesome page that was indeed very helpful.
Since you don't want to follow the link already provided ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+create+a...en+creator+%3F

The 3rd result of that Google Search also gives a pretty solid Deferi making 'recipe'.

All Things In Balance

Last edited by hippiejon; 08-22-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Captain
# 14
08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
The instructions on how to make a deferi character are at the link already provided.
The fact that you won't follow that link unless it's an STO wiki link is why you feel like you have been given no help. Options to choose and sliders to set are all waiting at that link, as well as a wealth of other cool Deferi information.

I followed the link and found an awesome page that was indeed very helpful.
Since you don't want to follow the link already provided ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+create+a...en+creator+%3F

The 3rd result of that Google Search also gives a pretty solid Deferi making 'recipe'.

All Things In Balance
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . Tobar26th
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.

Last edited by tobar26th; 09-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
08-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . Tobar26th
The links already provided have exactly the instructions you are looking for. It's more than "a couple of lines."

As they are already posted in very easy to find locations, (links already provided above) there is no reason to post instructions again here.

All things in Balance

Last edited by tobar26th; 09-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks John, I am happy you liked it.

Many things are a mystery in life, and sometimes it is good for balance to let them remain a mystery and move on.
Rihannsu
# 17
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm fond of the Deferi, I think they'd make an excellent addition to a new TV series.

I had a Deferi BOff once, they're difficult to get right.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...b/b2/Maura.png
Lieutenant
# 18
08-22-2012, 05:02 PM
You have taste, nrobbiec, maybe you should be deferi too! You are more than welcome!

Your boff was nice, distinctive, only the nose is wrong, should be jem'hadar. Female eyes are not slit but human (but males are), and it looks like she has saurian skin, which also is only a male trait. Also she misses the kobali head pattern. So, if she was a male, apart from the nose and pattern, she'd be spot on. It took us ages to get it right...walking around from the tailor to defera and back endlessly. But the recipe on the website is good.

I completely agree with you on Deferi in new TV series, I hope it will happen one day soon.
Rihannsu
# 19
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you I'm fairly sure I used the Jem'Hadar nose (I could be wrong) I can't remember what the other features I used were.

Yeah I took a little liberty with the eyes, I preferred them slit.

I may have a crack at re-doing that pic, I also plan on having other Deferi in my fanseries so this isn't the end for me

I plan on whenever I can be bothered (taking a break from STO so I don't become tired of it) making another alt, I'm torn between Deferi or Xindi-Primate so I may join the bandwagon.
Captain
# 20
08-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Balance Schmalance. I'm too cutthroat for Zen Fish people. There's no shame in championing the things you want. Best of luck to you and your mission.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.