Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
# 61
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I love my dreadnought, it my be getting left behind in the current power creep of new ships but it's still the one I play the most.
I know I could max my dips, tanking etc on other ships but I play for fun and that little bit extra oomph just doesn't of set the joy I get from flying my dread, now on to the topic.

I don't like the idea of saucer sep for the dread or the idea of a shot gun lance, what I feel would be better is a redesigned saucer, trimmed on the sides a bit more angular, same for the hull.
The reasoning for this is Starfleet has a limited number of these powerful ships but they are getting outdated against new designs. How best to make the best out of what they got, instead of a complete resign of the main weapon why not make it more useful. Adding amour and decreasing its mass would make sense. On a warship why have such a large saucer designed for families etc, trim the edges to reduce weight and inertia, add extra RCS at the same time.

If I had any art skills I would draw an idea but I dont.

The up side of this, give the ship an improved turn rate and low inertia, as an extra bonus increase the Tac levels by one level each.

My Fleet dread, I can only hope......
Career Officer
# 62
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
I doubt they will do much more with the galaxy now , a shame , but the supposedly upcoming dreadnought update is probably only thing that'll be done to a ( derivative ) of it
Which update is that? The one Cryptic previewed back in February?
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
yeah , the one we havent heard anything else about since , saucer sep on a dread
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016

Last edited by rrincy; 11-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.