Captain
# 21
08-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Keep it permanent. Do not go back to the stingy doling-out of Fleet Marks.

Also, add Fleet Mark rewards to existing missions. Episodes and STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
The game is more fun with the event on.

They should leave it on for that reason alone.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
08-23-2012, 07:23 AM
I would be ok with the regular amount of fleet marks IF they introduce fleet mark bonus for doing other content in TEAMS!

Like every Mission, Patrol, STF, Ground Invasion and even Sector Defense (yes, those are still there) and of course fleet actions and last but not least PvP.

Make it 2 Marks if you are a 2 man team mate, 4 marks for a 3 man team, 6 marks for a 4 man team and 10 marks for a 5 man team.

Certain mission types could double the amount if you fulfill certain requirements like:

STF: Complete the Optional (no brainer). This would give the optionals an actual purpose beyond trash loot.

Episodes (if they have optionals): Complete all optionals

Mirror Incursion: Complete optionals

Fleet Actions: Complete without any player deaths

PvP: Winning team gets double.

Foundry: use 50 event triggers or PER MISSION (take that console clicky)!

Last edited by timelord79; 08-23-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-23-2012, 07:32 AM
... and give fleet marks for PVP ...

... and give a little dilithium for fleet PVE ...

EDIT: Just read the post above. Seems we agree...
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 08-23-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
08-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I agree, keep the Fleet Event permanent.
Career Officer
# 26
08-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I totally agree with all of the above.

This is a step in right direction. And I belive this should be made permanent.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 27
08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Cryptic has a resource to help small fleets that want big fleet progress in their base:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Seriously, base progress is supposed to be slow for small fleets. The whole system is supposed to encourage community by giving people another reason to care about their fleet as a community, not just as a part of your nametag and some bank space.
The problem with that is, the larger the fleet, the more squabbling between members over donating!

Why I hear you ask, well in cryptics infinite wisdom, they did not bother to add maximum/minimum limits to allow every member to get a fair shot at donating.

Cryptics answer to this is: Fleet politics which they wont get involved with.

Now this would have been all fine and dandy if it wasn't for the fact that cryptic themselves are the ones that had created the fleet politics in the first place!
So in my view(and many other fleet leaders), cryptic should also be the ones to solve them...
Commander
# 28
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
The problem with that is, the larger the fleet, the more squabbling between members over donating!
I don't think this is necessarily true. My former fleet was fairly small, and there was a lot of squabbling over the donations. Multiple chats with one or two of the leaders never solved it because it was the leaders who were filling all the projects up!

I'm in a different small-ish fleet now, and I haven't seen any squabbling at all. I don't feel like I'm being forced only to grid for fleet marks and dilithium (and duty officers). I've managed to donate expertise, samples, etc. And I actually enjoy going to get the fleet marks in this fleet because there's no pressure from the leaders. The other fleet was constantly posting messages like "____ project is almost done. Get more fleet marks!"

Just saying... it's not only big fleets that have resource problems. Small ones do too.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Empire Veteran
# 29
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I admit, at first I didn't agree with this, but I do think I'd like it. It gave a lot greater purpose to go and do all the fleet stuff, just because I could earn more marks.

What I worry about is more along the lines of, people might eventually complain about 'even with the fleet mark levels being increased, we don't get enough marks, we need more!' And so on from there.

Lieutenant
# 30 Fleet Marks? Fleet Marks!!
08-23-2012, 10:50 AM
The most likely reason for pW for not making Double fleet marks permanent is it will make people spend yet more zen for double fleet mark tokens. F2p means charge the player for every little thing, doffs, zen, etc etc....