Commander
# 31
08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
I like the new stuff that has been added to the starbase and that, at the momnet. And that is all i can say.
Career Officer
# 32
08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
Cryptic is proud of customization options which players have with their characters, even Mr. Sthal spoke about it in Ask Cryptic or State of Game. Space stations were have to be same, unique for every Fleet, right now I'm all most sure that all stations look exactly the same.

This is also my issue with the special projects. I want to decorate my Starbase in my own way, not use cookie cutter designs. the special projects should grant me new objects to place in my base, not define the entire layout for me.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Empire Veteran
# 33
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I would really like to know the exact nature of the "improvments" and "upgrades".
So far, all the limited time projects have been lackluster and, IMOHPO, not worth the price.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Lieutenant
# 34
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
They give added opportunities to members to earn fleet credits, hence the high requirement. If something costs more, then more people can throw in on it. If all projects were dirt cheap, then only a handful of people would ever get to contribute and buy fleet gear.
Empire Veteran
# 35
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Well the KDF upgrade was slightly better than that I was expecting.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM

What I can say?

The FED Special Project have at least a cool looking visual, but the KDF just have a bunch of consoles, nothing too awesome to spend 200,000 dilithium on it.

Really, the both project are good and ok... But the price is really too high, too right this not worth the whole trouble to raise 200,000 dilithium or sell Zen to get this amount...

We see the console area from kdf starbase, but have any special function? any special use or reasource to make unique in my evil kdf starbase?

And the FED Bar? Have any special drink? This can unlock the bartender just finishing this special project or wave to wait some long long loooong and distant starbase tier to make a upgrade?

Alright, Crypt guys, cosmetical stuff is good, but not enough to spend 200,00 dilithium. Or lower the price, or place something extra, like new npc with starbase-only functions with unique twist, or we are paying for the same stuff of ESD or QO'NOS. And paying 200,000 for something we can get for free in the public map or taking a tuffli or d'kora don't worth.

Please, make the next project something really special. In Setember is the birthday of Star Trek Original Series, and Is better to pay 5.000.000.000 dilithium to have the whole FED starbase looking like a TOS starbase instead a small cosmetic stuff without any anything really unique for 200.000 dilithium.

If you want my time, my money, my dilithium, please, make something I can happily spend this without thinking twice. Not some small cosmetic changes from a high price without any special function, use or twist.

I can pay a special project for myself selling zen if I really want, but I really can't make a whole fleet to pay 200,000 for something too common or too small, after spending hours and hours taking dilithium spamming stf or any other ways to raise this high price!
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Career Officer
# 37
08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
so what happens when all of the ops center decorations are finally done? will we start decorating the other decks?
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I earn over 17,000 Dilithium every day just playing 2-2.5 hours a day.
Every time someone mentions Dilithium you say the exact same thing (I think you have it saved in notepad and just copy/paste) but you NEVER say what you do to get that Dilithium. I get 15,840 Dilithium every day in a matter of 30 minutes (11 Characters doing the Foundry Daily) but it is still a HUGE rip off. Not everyone has 11 characters, maybe you could tell you secret?

Every post you make you sound like the posterboy for Cryptic, I have never see you do anything other than defend what they do. As far as I can tell from you they are infallible. I bash them all the time (there is so much in this game that needs fixing (and so much about their business model as well) that it is irresponsible not to) but I don't bash them on everything, I actually defend them occasionally (not often, but id does happen). It is about to the point I will just skip over your posts, as I already know what you are going to say so there is no point even reading it.

Anyway... Back to the topic at hand....

Yes, I agree. They tend to keep getting lazier and lazier with these projects. I am fairly sure I can tell you what the next 4 or so projects on the federation side will include (They have already made them) and they just get sadder and sadder. In fact the more I do in the fleet holdings system the more I realize that this wasn't thought out very well at all. It seems they went and said,
Quote:
we have these fleet module things we want people to buy, we have decided that all the ships are going to be $20 per character and want to get away from per account unlocks as we can't suck them dry fast enough that way, but we need some way to have them unlock the "opportunity" to spend more money. But, they can make dilithium way to fast, so we need to suck as much of that out of them as well so we need whatever system you choose to require loads of dilithium. But, just a reminder, we don't really make anything on this Fleet Holdings system, so make sure you don't spend too much time on it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
They really need to just add the "Abort Mission" button to the projects, especially with the Starbase mission givers being the same as on your ship and taking the most resources to make.

Seriously, 3 Purple DOffs!?!
Career Officer
# 40
08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Not a terrible outcome, everything looks quite nice.