Starfleet Veteran
# 41
08-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4q123 View Post
They give added opportunities to members to earn fleet credits, hence the high requirement. If something costs more, then more people can throw in on it. If all projects were dirt cheap, then only a handful of people would ever get to contribute and buy fleet gear.
There are plenty of other worthless missions for that (all of the non-special projects in) Special Projects for starters. It is a good thing for my fleet I don't do the projects just for Fleet Credits. I have almost 2 million fleet credits on my main character and haven't spent a single one, because there is nothing worth spending them on until the Purple DOFFs are opened up at T5.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
This new project looks snappy. I think they put out these projects in the wrong order. When I look at this new project it has the visual impact that the plants didn't have. The plants do however tie everything together. This is the problem with selling a jig saw puzzle one piece at a time.

This lounge area looks good but now the rest of the base is a bit bare.

http://i.imgur.com/pp6Jp.jpg
Captain
# 43
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Every time someone mentions Dilithium you say the exact same thing (I think you have it saved in notepad and just copy/paste) but you NEVER say what you do to get that Dilithium. I get 15,840 Dilithium every day in a matter of 30 minutes (11 Characters doing the Foundry Daily) but it is still a HUGE rip off. Not everyone has 11 characters, maybe you could tell you secret?
I've posted it a couple of times in different threads:

4 VAs, each doing B'Tran, Strange New World, and the Distress Call Foundry. 4,320 Dilithium x 4 VA is 17,280. Throw in several hundred more for various DOFF assignments on them and you're looking at close to 18,000. And, of course, I earn more if I want to play more then 2-2.5 hours per day.

Quote:
Every post you make you sound like the posterboy for Cryptic, I have never see you do anything other than defend what they do. As far as I can tell from you they are infallible. I bash them all the time (there is so much in this game that needs fixing (and so much about their business model as well) that it is irresponsible not to) but I don't bash them on everything, I actually defend them occasionally (not often, but id does happen). It is about to the point I will just skip over your posts, as I already know what you are going to say so there is no point even reading it.
The difference between you and I is that I understand there are degrees of Dislike just as there are degrees of Like. I also understand that people have different opinions. What you might Dislike at level 10 I might only Dislike at level 2, and vice-versa.

And if you actually bother to check any of my older posts you'll find many things I "bash" them on. Things like the crappy differences between Gold and Silver memberships, or how the lack of Mission Content in the game. I'm sure I have hundreds of posts about those 2 things, alone, between this and the old forum.

But Dilithium grinding isn't something I get worked up over. I play over a dozen games regularly - 7 of them I subscribe to monthly and the rest are FTP. After a dozen years of MMO playing grinding to get anything is just part of the process. And gamer rage on a gaming forum is about as common as air.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 08-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Commander
# 44
08-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortof View Post
You won't get the fleet provision for it than, if your fleet leaders have any mind.
i contribute a lot of other things but i want my ship so the only way is to get it by dilithium or how did YOU think should i do it? surely not by zen. besides that, i dont even know what a fleet provision is because this game gives so ******n few hints about what things are there for. one day, i will have my ship, this or the other way. in the fleet store, it tells me, that i need fleet credits and those ship modules. nothing about "fleet provisions"
Ensign
# 45 August 23rd patch...FUBARED
08-24-2012, 04:29 AM
after your latest patch no duty officer is allowed to be contributed to fleet projects that come from the fleet officer boxes....thnxs Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff

Last edited by inthebatcave2003; 08-24-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
08-24-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
i contribute a lot of other things but i want my ship so the only way is to get it by dilithium or how did YOU think should i do it? surely not by zen. besides that, i dont even know what a fleet provision is because this game gives so ******n few hints about what things are there for. one day, i will have my ship, this or the other way. in the fleet store, it tells me, that i need fleet credits and those ship modules. nothing about "fleet provisions"
Fleet provisions are the results of fleet projects to "build the ships". So they set up a fleet project, everybody contributes to that, and after that, they gain 10 provisions. Each fleet ship bought from the fleetyard consumes one provision, so they are limited.

You can, by the way, get the Fleet Ship modules (which the character must have to buy a fleet ship) on the exchange for about 5 million energy credits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Lieutenant
# 47
08-24-2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4q123 View Post
They give added opportunities to members to earn fleet credits, hence the high requirement. If something costs more, then more people can throw in on it. If all projects were dirt cheap, then only a handful of people would ever get to contribute and buy fleet gear.
Now work out how many fleet credits each provisioning project gives out, compared to the fleet credit cost to buy those same provisions.

It doesn't take many non-provisioning projects to fill that gap. Sometimes, there is no gap to fill- e.g. Basic ship provisioning (200k dil) gives 200,000 fleet credits and 5 provisions, which (at tier1) cost 20,000 fleet credits each. So the fleet will end up with 100,000 surplus fleet credits even without considering the upgrade projects needed to build the shipyard in the first place. Special and Featured Projects will just exacerbate the situation.

A lot of fleets are going to find that their members have nothing to spend their fleet credits on except doffs.

Last edited by glyken; 08-24-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Lieutenant
# 48
08-24-2012, 06:27 AM
How about new created fleets they wanna decorate their SB and no Time Limited projects are available anymore?
Or are these TL projects rotating continuously, like a loop?
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Empire Veteran
# 49 Small Fleets Big Hopes
08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
As another small fleet member I find the fleet star-bases a real challenge. I do believe some sort of overhaul is needed as far as Di-lithium cost are involved. When you only have 10-15 people contributing on a semi-irregular basis things just don't get done. Not to mention the outrageous costs of common duty officers to man those bases. I understand it's meant to be a challenge but to be near impossible to gain ground just plain stinks. I still enjoy the heck out of the game! I will be a STO player for as long as the wife lets me lol. I think the game is fun and exciting and I look forward to getting on and playing with my fleet. I just wish things weren't so expensive for everyone, especially us gold member veterans. I'm heavily disgusted with myself on the amount of real money I continue to put into this game. So how about giving us some better drops in game?> Master keys from time to time, fleet ship modules in fleet events. PvP rewards I believe should be increased as well. Well I've rambled on long enough, just some gripes and praises. Think of us little guys from time to time!