Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 286
# 1001
07-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xparr15 View Post

In my opinion, if you leave because of an AFK player, you're just as bad as them, forcing others to do the mission without your help.
You may think this. I do not agree.

But you continue doing your mission and reporting to bots. While giving the AFK'ers their rewards.

I still feel that if everyone just left the AFK'ing would decline. Maybe I'm wrong.. but I'm not going to keep dragging dead bodies along in my missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,944
# 1002
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
isn't it worse to quit early just because someone else isn't doing what you want them too?
No it isn't. It is in fact the mature thing to do. If the system doesn't allow players to get rid of disruptive team mates then they need to leave the deadbeats behind and reform a new team without them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,944
# 1003
07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xparr15 View Post
In my opinion, if you leave because of an AFK player, you're just as bad as them, forcing others to do the mission without your help.
You are entitled to your own opinion even when it is wrong.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 399
# 1004
07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
here's an idea,

could create a channel about afker's and post there name
there so others can blacklist them from there fleets..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,690
# 1005
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
Really? You think i simply quit because people arent doing what I want them to do? They are AFK, doing nothing. Of course I am going to leave.

Why should my effort be leeched on from someone not doing a thing? I really don't think I have to argue this point.
Well, it is kind of like trying to get rid of a tapeworm by starving the whole family....
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,491
# 1006
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I either quit as well or park next to them and don't do anything either until they move. No rewards for those douchebags.

What really pisses me off the most is the fact that I'm occasionally getting teamed with an afker I have met before and which i have on my ignore list. At least you shouldn't be teamed with a leeching piece of **** more than once...
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 924
# 1007
07-08-2013, 03:18 PM
what i do is find their fleet leader and message him

nobody wants an afk leecher in their fleet.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 1008
07-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
what i do is find their fleet leader and message him

nobody wants an afk leecher in their fleet.

Unless their fleet condones such actions. I have seen in minetrap a number of times a couple of players do the run to the far corner of the map and afk thing, and they were from the same fleet.
@deniedexistence
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 606
# 1009
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xparr15 View Post
In my opinion, if you leave because of an AFK player, you're just as bad as them, forcing others to do the mission without your help.
All I see you say is ''suck it up''.

I for one won't do so, if I see an AFKer, I sit next to them until they move and encourage the team to do the same.
Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 286
# 1010
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Well, it is kind of like trying to get rid of a tapeworm by starving the whole family....
No.. Not really.

I generally leave early enough for another to pop in..

Plus I should have mentioned I do not do ANY borg PvE anymore. I am referring to Colony Invasion and Fleet Alert maps. Which have no leaving penalties... no reason to feed the leech.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.