Empire Veteran
# 1021
07-08-2013, 11:11 PM
While this might be suitable for FPS games, I doubt it will work here. Some of the carrier players tend to park their ships in the lanes of the enemy and then fire away and command their pets around without moving much themselves until the current task is finished and they have to sit in another lane.

I think there is no easy solution to this problem, since every solution mentioned so far tends to be unfair in one or another way towads people who are not afk but might be seen so using that logic, or the logic was to easily to fool.
In my eye the best solution (and still far from being perfect) would be a new grouping logic and a queue flag. This flag could be set by me when I play together with people in PVE. They have to answer the flagging request just like a friend request, though it isn't one.
Now the grouping logic would look for people I have flagged once I started a new queue and preferably throw me together with those when they play the same mission.
That way I could ensure to play with people I have played well with already and minimize the chance of getting teamed with an afker.
It doesn't eliminate the chance though. Also the flagging request might be turned down for no reason leaving the chance unused (some people are just strange sometimes).
Also it would create a whole new lot of database entries for the accounts whose impact on the performance I cannot judge.
Captain
# 1022
07-09-2013, 12:17 AM
TL/DR is longer than the actual text.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Lieutenant
# 1023
07-09-2013, 12:43 AM
the easiest method is the vote kick method employed by hundreds of mmos

If 3 out of the 5 people want someone off the team they can, its simple and after having an argument with some complete tool saying "im not afk im busy doing other things" while he stood there and did nothing.

I think its needed all the more.
Captain
# 1024
07-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Any automated monitoring system that auto kicks players based on game activity is a bad idea. As mentioned, keyboard or movement trackers will backfire on some legitimate players in one form or another.

I like browserxl solution, and it reminds me of the match making logic of some FPS games on consoles. After you are done with a match, you can flag someone as good, bad or not at all. Good players get queued with you more, and you avoid bad players get avoided for... lets say 6 months. If a player is persistently flagged as a bad player, say after 50/flags in X time, the player is removed from the queue system for Y time, as well as an anonymous explanation as to why. (Ninja looting, AFK, failed mission, ect.)

The number would need to be quite high for queue ban though, to prevent griefing on a small scale and having newbie players who just needs gear and training get banned by elitist.
Commander
# 1025
07-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Hundreds of threads and posts have more or less come to the conclusion that ignored players should be prevented from being put into an instance with you. Aside from eventually making it impossible for afkers to get a group, it will have the added bonus that you will never again have to see that guy who threw a temper tantrum because you got a 'lucky' torp crit on ISE. It's also a better system than 'vote-to-kick' because it's an anonymous and passive way to improve your own gameplay experience.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 1026
07-09-2013, 03:46 AM
i would like it if they made it so ignored players cant be put on your team..
but i am guessing if the game allowed this to be added it would have by now..
im guessing its much hard then it seems..

a vote to kick would be nice.. but its not going to happen either.. or it already would have been added as well.

its going to be a growing problem tho.. so they might do something about it someday.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Rihannsu
# 1027
07-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Additionally i think it's funny that so many people's response to leeching is apparently to leech themselves or to rage quit. Whatever happened to being mature and just reporting them before continuing on with the mission? By leeching yourself, you just double the initial problem, and by leaving you still make things bad for those that actually want to run the mission(unless done so early enough to be replace as someone said earlier).
So your only solution is to give the leecher the rewards he came for while making some pointless report of him?
Empire Veteran
# 1028
07-09-2013, 04:53 AM
I always report AFK'ers to GM and then continue the with the game.

There is nothing more to do against it. I just hope those guys get punished.
Career Officer
# 1029
07-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
for some dumb reason we cant point out any player by name, or fleet. *sigh*

So don't bother, or you.. a legitimate player with a legitimate complaint.. about an azz will get spanked by a volunteer moderator.

Seems fair.
Only a complete moron thinks the rule against naming and shaming is a "dumb reason"

It's to prevent griefers from making false accusations against innocent people on the forums, and to prevent the pointless flamewars and account bannings that would erupt between accusers and accused.
Lt. Commander
# 1030
07-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carasucia83 View Post
Hundreds of threads and posts have more or less come to the conclusion that ignored players should be prevented from being put into an instance with you. Aside from eventually making it impossible for afkers to get a group, it will have the added bonus that you will never again have to see that guy who threw a temper tantrum because you got a 'lucky' torp crit on ISE. It's also a better system than 'vote-to-kick' because it's an anonymous and passive way to improve your own gameplay experience.
Maybe some other than ignore. It is hard to unigonre player. If you ignore someone who dont know how to play than pople who dont know how to play or are now in game get more and more ignores, play less and have less chance so play.
Something like new option "dont want to play with payer". If you choose it you wont be put in the team wiht that player for maybe 1 week. If you choose this opiton second, trird, fourth time that one week will become 2 weeks, 3 weeks...
Closed Thread