Commander
# 111
04-14-2013, 05:10 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-15-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 112
04-15-2013, 05:35 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-15-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Lieutenant
# 113
04-15-2013, 06:19 AM
WOW! Kudos Arnthebard... Why didn't the Devs think of this themselves? I love the idea as a RP player losing the griefers who come to Drozana for the express purpose of tormenting us during one of our sessions. Think of it ......a instance on Drozana for just us RP guys now that would be reallly useful.

Everyone hates the grind in STFs but those idiots who have nothing better to do than screw with everyone else deserve some form of seperation from the general population.

As for the inexperienced player or ill equipped player there are PvP Boot Camps and the normal setting. You really should have your act together and be a team player before getting involved in a STF on a ELITE setting. As for the private team stuff forget it...too many times I have seen people get kicked from the team just before the last boss gets killed so that they lose any chance at the really good rewards. And if you don't have thier choice of VOIP Team Speak/SKYPE/ect.. they boot you from the team.

But enhancing the ignore button is pure genius. It really would clean up the problems in STFs and PvP.

Any Devs reading this? Give the guy props for original thinker.
Career Officer
# 114
04-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Ultimate solution is too...

Team with friends and people you know! You'll never see an AFKer or griefer again.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?
Lieutenant
# 115
04-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Yeah the only problem with your solution is friends are not always on. Most people have jobs, school, family, or {Dare I say it} a living breathing human girlfriend. Like at this time most people in the USA are headed to work or school so I am left to grind with PUGs. So other than those obstacles yeah team with your buddies. Even still, you must admit the Ignore enhancment is still one of the best ideas coming from a forum.
Rihannsu
# 116
04-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Oooo, this thread is getting interesting.

-grabs popcorn and gets comfy-
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Community Moderator
# 117
04-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Off-topic...

I'm noticing some violations of PWE Community Rules and Policies in this thread.

Let's keep the conversation civil. There's no need for further hostility here.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Stick with the facts -- Please don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.

Any post that's been crafted to provoke an angry reaction is trolling and is subject to moderation, warnings, and infractions. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO TROLL POSTS! Report them.

If you are responsible for a post that breaks the rules, please take responsibility to go back and take out the inflammatory language. Otherwise, the Mods will have to exercise their responsibilities.

Read the rules (see above)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 118
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
yes you should punish those under powered and inexperienced.. that is why there is NORMAL stfs and ELITE stfs..

nobody not prepared should ever join an ELITE stf.. there is NO NEED..
uh huh, well considering, I went into ISE on my old tac wearing mk x green weapons, and misc green and blue gear from pre lvl 50 days because I had retired him, and I'm now un mothballing him, but I somehow managed to outDPS everyone else, but I'm the least geared without any sets. Your idea is terrible.
Career Officer
# 119
04-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwayace View Post
Yeah the only problem with your solution is friends are not always on. Most people have jobs, school, family, or {Dare I say it} a living breathing human girlfriend. Like at this time most people in the USA are headed to work or school so I am left to grind with PUGs. So other than those obstacles yeah team with your buddies. Even still, you must admit the Ignore enhancment is still one of the best ideas coming from a forum.
You can always make new friends with people. No one says you have to become best buddies with everyone you meet. If you run a PUG STF and see people who don't AFK and know what they are doing, toss them a friend invite. Use the chat system. It's there for the a reason you know.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?
Commander
# 120
04-15-2013, 07:05 AM
This solution has been suggested before. When I have seen threads started addressing the AFK issue and harrassment issue the same trolls come on and reply "dont pug" or "dont go to Dronza" or "only play with people you know" That is not a solution or resolution to the issue. That is just someone being a jerk and trying to get a rise out of you. The vote kick option would be abused and used to grief others. But having the ignore feature prevent the player from loading into a mission or zone where someone on your ignore list is would work. Now the only downside is loading time. It may increase load time and decrease server stability having to load your ignore list and the scan for current players in zone and then redirect to an open zone you can load into. Other games can do it so its not impossible.
Closed Thread