Career Officer
# 1431
08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I don't disagree at all. Personally, I would make the time investment to socialize and make friends. I was just saying that there are times when people just don't have the time for socializing.
I understand what your saying and empathize with them, but I was just pointing out that we get what we put into the game. The more effort one makes to enhance their gameplay end up enjoying the game more than the ones that make less effort.
Lieutenant
# 1432
08-19-2013, 02:38 PM
the last couple where we had the AFK'ers we all as a team just parked our ships next to them and just waited lol ya we lost the optional but after about 5 mins of us talking about the person and not doing anything they left lol,
the other time was in infected I just dragged the tac to where he was hidding so the tac would kill me then turn on him he left before I could get the tac to him I was sad lol.

the one thing I have been noticing in infected with the AFKer's is the will on purpose lose the optional. IE blow up a gen on other side of team die then afk
Captain
# 1433
08-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtor View Post
the last couple where we had the AFK'ers we all as a team just parked our ships next to them and just waited lol ya we lost the optional but after about 5 mins of us talking about the person and not doing anything they left lol,
the other time was in infected I just dragged the tac to where he was hidding so the tac would kill me then turn on him he left before I could get the tac to him I was sad lol.

the one thing I have been noticing in infected with the AFKer's is the will on purpose lose the optional. IE blow up a gen on other side of team die then afk
so? did this make you win? no..
they more then likely just re queued up a new match and YOU were the ones that didnt get anything..

losing out on some loot being afk doesnt hurt the afker.. they can run another mission afk.. it doesnt even matter what mission they pick, cause they dont intend to play it.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 1434
08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
it's your own fault for pugging.

join a fleet or get some friends and run it with them if it means so much to you that you get so bent out of shape you are ready to rage quit over it....problem solved.

IMO you guys whining over someone afk in an open mission pug are the ones with the problem ....

You're a jackass! Reach back and unplug your computer, stupid!
Actually, that goes for everyone that says we shouldn't pug. I play at odd hours when most of my fleet mates are offline. And I don't usually play elite STF's. It isn't our fault and it isn't our problem. This is Cryptic and PWE not giving a holy flying $#!+! Pure and simple.
Career Officer
# 1435
08-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
No trolling intended. The fact is...players are allowed to AFK. If people want to stand around and do nothing, that is their right to do so. You don't have to stay in the game, you don't have to pug, and you don't have to pay any attention to it. Live and let live. Do what all left-wing socially liberal societies do and TOLERATE IT!

I have always thought of AFKing as a protest to the repetitive game play and grinding. It is why I have no problem with people who do it. In fact, I applaud those people for AFKing because they are actually doing something to bring about change (as opposed to the legions of keyboard warriors on this so-called FORUM). The more people who do it, the more Cryptic will realize that their end game is getting BORING!

If you intro the Vote to Kick (V2K) feature, people will abuse it. In fact, I think the same number of people who leech will be the exact same number of people who abuse V2K. You are replacing one problem with another...except your new problem can be directly used to attack legit players...and that is WORSE than AFKing. I would rather have an AFKer, silent and invisible, than a power-tripping a**hole voting to kick someone cause their DPS isn't Godly.

Face it kids...AFKing is a small issue (I won't even call it a problem, cause that implies it is bad) and it can be easily avoided by not pugging. Go and make some friends, make a fleet, party up, and reduce or eliminate the chances of being paired with an AFKer. There are so many options available to you to avoid AFKers.

And...for all you AFKers out there - you know who you are - I have one thing to say to you people: What you are doing is not against the TOS...so don't worry about it. Play the game the way you feel comfortable. Don't let anyone call you a leech (because that is name calling and THAT IS against the TOS). If anyone calls you a leecher, or any other bad name, report them ASAP for name calling. Sooner or later...the name calling will stop.
Another jackass...
Career Officer
# 1436
08-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
to everyone that says its OPs fault for pugging.. you guys are very mean..

being AFK during a match should be fixed this asap.

they need to remove the leaver penalty on every mission.. some missions you can already leave.. but not every one.

not everyone can make private matches.. or dont want to..
pugging is part of the game.. if you get an afker, you should be able to leave and restart with no penalty.

there is no reason to be forced to put up with these guys..

i do under stand why they do it tho.. its from being forced to grind the same missions over and over..
once you play the one you like, you have 30 to 60 minutes to go do something else.
also, only a few missions give certain rewards.. like CC.. i hate to admit it, while i dont afk.. every time i play that mission i just hang back and shoot the thoilans. one time i got first place doing that.

mission CDs, and repetition make this game very boring.

they should add the choice of marks loot to every mission.. and remove CDs and leaver penalties..

then no more AFKers and you do what you want to have fun..
YOU should work for Cryptic or PWE! Thank you! I was getting sick of calling people names.
Captain
# 1437
08-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I gotta say, I've been playing this game for a year and I have NEVER encountered an afker in an stf and I almost exclusively pug. Maybe I've just been extraordinarily lucky, but it doesn't seem to me that this could possibly as big of a problem as everyone seems to be making it out to be.
Career Officer
# 1438
08-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
I gotta say, I've been playing this game for a year and I have NEVER encountered an afker in an stf and I almost exclusively pug. Maybe I've just been extraordinarily lucky, but it doesn't seem to me that this could possibly as big of a problem as everyone seems to be making it out to be.
Have you opened any lock boxes? You must have won every ship by now.
Captain
# 1439
08-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec1013 View Post
You're a jackass! Reach back and unplug your computer, stupid!
Actually, that goes for everyone that says we shouldn't pug. I play at odd hours when most of my fleet mates are offline. And I don't usually play elite STF's. It isn't our fault and it isn't our problem. This is Cryptic and PWE not giving a holy flying $#!+! Pure and simple.
rofl....you mad brah ?

it's still 'your' problem if you are nerd raging over something that is completely avoidable if it makes you rage and spew spittle so much....but hey....if it floats yer boat....

lol...too funny.
Captain
# 1440
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Leeching is a problem and saying don't pug and only play with friends is like telling a girl that gets unwanted attention from a jerk in a bar you should of had a guy friend with you. Plain and simple that is a stupid thing to say.
Closed Thread