Survivor of Romulus
# 1911
09-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Oh look, someone who has shown that he/she is capable of using an online dictionary to look up a word and cut/paste it's definition into his/her post, but is apparently incapable of using the same dictionary to make sure the rest of his/her post is spelled correctly. I won't even point out the OP's poor sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar.

If the devs need to go back to college the OP needs to go back to grade school.
Oh look, it's the grammar police! How cute.
God forbid someone playing the game comes from that "small" and not English speaking part of the globe.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 1912
09-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Seems you're someone who hasn't even been close to serving or had anyone serving in the Armed Forces of any country.

If you quote a random, low-quality online dictionary, at least read up a bit on background and military law. Even 2-3 minutes spent reading the wiki entry on the subject would prove your point invalid.
And Cryptic/PWE doesn't use the term "deserters". Nor does anyone other than the OP. We use the terms like "Leavers", "Griefers", "Leechers", and "AFKers".
Career Officer
# 1913 have a solution
09-28-2013, 05:13 AM
If a player causes damaged to the enemy they get rewards if not no rewards.

How this would work out is up to someone else but % comes to mind.
Career Officer
# 1914
09-28-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Oh look, it's the grammar police! How cute.
God forbid someone playing the game comes from that "small" and not English speaking part of the globe.
If the OP is going to take it upon himself in his first salvo to start attacking peoples educations, then he better make damn sure he is faultless.

Especially when he is using a dictionary to cut and paste from. By doing so he has demonstrated that he has the forethought to attempt to do some sort of research while composing his post.

And yes I am cute. In fact I've been told by members of the opposite sex that I look downright adorable. I'm not sure how you noticed, because as far as I know we've never met.

Now if you have a problem with this game having an English speaking bias you can thank those colonizing, empire building Brits for that. They are the ones responsible for spreading their language all over the globe to the point it's the third most spoken language on the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 1915
09-28-2013, 05:32 AM
For me its real simple. In weak parties when someone is leeching. I very simply aggro the NPCs to get it over with quicker. The leechers have a choice either help out or the mission is a bust at minute 5 instead of minute 60 and the mission is over much sooner as I can pug several more in the time it would have taken to do just the one. I give leechers no quarter!
Career Officer
# 1916
09-28-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
For me its real simple. In weak parties when someone is leeching. I very simply aggro the NPCs to get it over with quicker. The leechers have a choice either help out or the mission is a bust at minute 5 instead of minute 60 and the mission is over much sooner as I can pug several more in the time it would have taken to do just the one. I give leechers no quarter!
Trouble with that is while "leeching/AFKing" isn't against the rules, griefing people by dragging opponents onto them is against the rules. And we've had angry threads made by people who got punished by GM's after they were petitioned by a Leech.
Commander
# 1917
09-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Your expecting a parasite to do something about parasites. It aint gonna happen !
Commander
# 1918
09-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Now if you have a problem with this game having an English speaking bias you can thank those colonizing, empire building Brits for that. They are the ones responsible for spreading their language all over the globe to the point it's the third most spoken language on the planet.
Don't blame us if our language is catchy Well if they had a choice I am still sure they would have spoken English sooner or later..... yes I am sure they would !
Career Officer
# 1919
09-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l30p4rd View Post
Don't blame us if our language is catchy

Catchy? Yeah like a virus or a disease.

You know it's a scientific fact that everyone that speaks English eventually dies. It's true. English is the silent killer.
Captain
# 1920
09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
[off-topic]English is the world's lingua franca only because the Brits ruled a large swathe of the world for about two centuries and because for two-thirds of the 20th the United States pretty much led the way in international politics (not getting into whether either is a good or bad thing; for the purposes of this discussion it just is). Up until around the 1930s people learned French.

I actually kinda prefer it when authors get a little creative with that. In the X-Universe games the lingua franca is a variant of Japanese, and Chris Moriarty's Spin novels use Spanish.[/off-topic]

I've really only had to deal with an AFKer two times. Once, I was in a Borg invasion and there were four of us fighting, and there's this fifth guy with a warbird (don't remember what kind) who just spends the entire instance parked at the spawn point. I don't know what the heck he was doing the whole time but he wasn't contributing and he was wasting a spot that could've been occupied by a contributing player. I even flew over and yelled at him at least once to no avail. We ended up losing.

Another time I went into a 4v4 match with some guys from my fleet. That's right, me with the undergunned freebie star cruiser. I did about as well as you'd expect considering everybody else is flying C-store or lobi ships -- including the fleet leader, who's on the other team flying an Odyssey-class with advanced fleet antiproton beam spam -- but at least I'm making an effort. I even scored a few solid torpedo hull hits on leader-guy, before he fried me extra crispy. Same can't be said of one of the guys on my team, who spends all but the last minute of the match with his dreadnought warbird parked at the spawn point.

How does a guy flying a freebie star cruiser with a hodgepodge of mostly outdated equipment end up scoring an order of magnitude higher than a guy flying a Scimitar-class? That's how.

EDIT: And yes, I think kiting a tactical cube onto an AFKer should be completely legal.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 09-28-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Closed Thread