Lt. Commander
# 1921
09-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Trouble with that is while "leeching/AFKing" isn't against the rules, griefing people by dragging opponents onto them is against the rules. And we've had angry threads made by people who got punished by GM's after they were petitioned by a Leech.
Never said I dragged NPCs toward the players. Agrro making the mission harder by aggroing the NPCs. This make the mission fail sooner. I have nothing to prove and I will not reward someone who is stealing by choosing Need or Greed if they are getting rewards the are there and should contribute. That's all!
Captain
# 1922
09-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post

EDIT: And yes, I think kiting a tactical cube onto an AFKer should be completely legal.
My personal favorite is getting Donatra's aggro, intentionally making her cloak, and then parking right on top of the leech. >_> The result is either hysterical (leech pops), or makes it obvious they are a leech (they move 30k away and stop again)

They better ban me for it, because I have every intention to keep doing it. They would lose a paying subscriber and z-store hero by doing it, too.

The rule needs to change, and the leeches need to be banned. Leave the legit players the hell alone.

Financially, banning me and not the leech is losing Cryptic about 100 a month in revenue. Derp!

So thats the thing, Cryptic. Are you going to ban me for violating TOS? Or are you going to ban the cause of me violating TOS because you dont do anything about the cause? I am no longer allowing leeches to run these queues. I will grief them or take the leaver penalty. I really dont give a damn anymore.

Either do something about the leeches, or do something about your bread and butter players that have had enough of your inaction.

How much is 100 dollars a month worth to you?

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 09-28-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Commander
# 1923
09-28-2013, 11:39 PM
I see afkers in STF pugs almost every day. Not in every STF, but often enough to think that there are way too many of them. I do not support this type of "activity", and if I see one, I just choose the leaver penalty. You have the right for disrespecting me for that, but in my opinion if someone queues for an STF, he should participate. Same for fleet alerts, Azure etc.

I think that dragging a cube onto an afker is a valid tactic. Usually they run away and become obvious leeches.

3- or 4-man vote-to-kick would be a great solution, especially against STF afkers.

But there is another idea. Since STF with an afker is either irritating or an obvious lost cause, there should be a way to make it funnier. By introducing a vote for enabling friendly fire. This way everyone would be able to poke aforementioned afker/leecher with a handy torp or overloaded beam.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"

Last edited by notoryczny; 09-28-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Lt. Commander
I've already mentioned this before but here goes again:

1st solution: NO REWARD in ELITE contents for the last classified or if you don't do X% of the total damage (I would suggest 10% for 5 ppl events and 5% for 10ppl events)

2nd solution (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE): DON'T FORCE ME TO PLAY with ppl on my ignore list (they are there for a good reason) make this ban last for 2 or better yet 3 months and then remove the player from my ignore list!
this 2nd solution should work like this: If I'm in a que with someone on my ignore list then I'll have to wait for the next game to start BUT If 2 or more ppl have the same person on their ignore list then THAT player its going to have to wait for the next game to start...

Can anyone think of a way to exploit this solution?
Captain
# 1925
09-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zix74itaelite View Post
1st solution: NO REWARD in ELITE contents for the last classified or if you don't do X% of the total damage (I would suggest 10% for 5 ppl events and 5% for 10ppl events)
This is a bad, bad idea. It punishes healers and new players. I commonly see cases where I am in a 5-man ISE where everyone is clearly participating, but after the battle, I check the DPS logs and...one guy has barely broken 1K while the rest of us are hitting 5K+ with an average of about 8K including that guy. This means that guy did about 3% of the total damage. Maybe he was the team healboat. Maybe he just sucked. Does this mean we should punish him? He did his part. He may have been bad at it, but he did his part and deserves the marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zix74itaelite View Post
2nd solution (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE): DON'T FORCE ME TO PLAY with ppl on my ignore list (they are there for a good reason) make this ban last for 2 or better yet 3 months and then remove the player from my ignore list!
this 2nd solution should work like this: If I'm in a que with someone on my ignore list then I'll have to wait for the next game to start BUT If 2 or more ppl have the same person on their ignore list then THAT player its going to have to wait for the next game to start...

Can anyone think of a way to exploit this solution?
Yes, actually. There's this troubling issue where putting someone on your ignore list can result in them being banned from chat and unable to use the mail or receive their Exchange returned items. If people are to being encouraged to frivolously ignore others merely because they know those people will thus never be teamed with them, you're going to have a LOT of frivolous ignores being dispensed against poor Captain Newbie up there. Not because he was offensive, not because he was AFK, but simply because he was bad at the game. Should someone be punished like this merely because they're a terrible player?

Frankly, as much as people rail about this issue, it is being blown way out of proportion. You encounter an actual leecher about maybe one in every 10-20 missions, tops, and it is rarely an impediment to finishing the mission with full marks. Or, at least, as full as you were going to get pugging. Remember, even leechers want to get paid, and if their sandbagging is going to stop them from collecting their paycheck, they're going to leech elsewhere. It is, frankly, a non-issue. Why do you care how others play if it's not really affecting you?

Last edited by doffingcomrade; 09-29-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 1926
09-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
This is a bad, bad idea. It punishes healers and new players. I commonly see cases where I am in a 5-man ISE where everyone is clearly participating, but after the battle, I check the DPS logs and...one guy has barely broken 1K while the rest of us are hitting 5K+ with an average of about 8K including that guy. This means that guy did about 3% of the total damage. Maybe he was the team healboat. Maybe he just sucked. Does this mean we should punish him? He did his part. He may have been bad at it, but he did his part and deserves the marks.
Healing should be taken into account as well (and don't forget this was only an idea for ELITE CONTENT not the regular one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Yes, actually. There's this troubling issue where putting someone on your ignore list can result in them being banned from chat and unable to use the mail or receive their Exchange returned items. If people are to being encouraged to frivolously ignore others merely because they know those people will thus never be teamed with them, you're going to have a LOT of frivolous ignores being dispensed against poor Captain Newbie up there. Not because he was offensive, not because he was AFK, but simply because he was bad at the game. Should someone be punished like this merely because they're a terrible player?

Frankly, as much as people rail about this issue, it is being blown way out of proportion. You encounter an actual leecher about maybe one in every 10-20 missions, tops, and it is rarely an impediment to finishing the mission with full marks. Or, at least, as full as you were going to get pugging. Remember, even leechers want to get paid, and if their sandbagging is going to stop them from collecting their paycheck, they're going to leech elsewhere. It is, frankly, a non-issue. Why do you care how others play if it's not really affecting you?
Thats the reason why ppl won't stay in yours ignore list for more than 3 months!!! and quoting a bug as a reason not to implement an idea doesn't really stand up....

FYI: I encounter at least a leecher (if not more) every 3 stf... and its worstening every day....
Lt. Commander
The AFK problem seems to be associated with the grindfest.
Empire Veteran
# 1928
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
It's called "taking the low road".
Captain
# 1929
10-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Fun is a subjective concept. My wife's idea of fun is a mani/pedi and a night at the ballet. Guess how high that rates on my fun-o-meter?

And we used to have posts complaining about AFK long before the game went FTP - even back when STFs were 4 hour DPS grindfest.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 1930
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbart View Post
The AFK problem seems to be associated with the grindfest.
This is something that is sadly true and hasn't been brought up enough.

That said, it still doesn't excuse it.
Closed Thread