Lt. Commander
# 501
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
^^^^
THIS!! Please, oh please, Cryptic ... SO many reasons to have this feature implemented.
[OUTE=glassguitar;10740461]?Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player. ?We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update[/QOUTE]

, its not as if they haven't already done screwed things up, if this patch is to come to date they are going to have to find a solution like NOW!.
Ensign
# 502
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
They are highly annoying.

My solution would be as follows, and i think it's the best put forward.

Each player has a report away from keyboard (or something alone those lines)

If this is activated more than 10 times in 1 week (a single account can only active it twice)

The player in question then gets moved to stf (or equivalent) afk pool, the afk pool is filled with players who have had this activated. And they can only play with each other unless a private game.

Once the player is in the pool for a week or a month (take your pick) and they have not re offended they are then moved back into the normal pool for stf (or equivalent).

This way it does not punish them if they only go afk for 1-2 games over a week, hey stuff happens after all.

They can also continue to play the game without any issue, but are relegated to play with other afk players so they either start to work or they get no rewards.
Lieutenant
# 503
06-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Something should be done because I'm seeing way to many people starting then going inactive while others do all the work and they just reap the rewards. It's turned into a trend.

+340523
Captain
# 504
06-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Do you at least have the decency to explain why you are leaving to your team mates, or do you bail unannounced. If you do the latter then you are no better than the leechers.
Nope a leecher tries to gain rewards for no work wile someone who leaves does not want to play longer and reward a leecher which encourages the leecher to keep leeching.

I have left multiple games with leechers in them I even said once why I was leaving and then someone from the team started being nasty to me with a private message after I had left.

Players need to deal with the leeching themselves or else leeching will continue. If everyone leaves when their is a leecher the leecher gets no rewards and then the leechers would get the message and stop leeching.
Captain
# 505
06-20-2013, 10:41 PM
why are you guys trying to make something so complicated to fix this issue..

just impose a vote to kick option.. once everyone votes, the majority wins. or you can even make it a 100% thing where everyone has to vote yes. (except for the person being voted on lol)

they already have a voting system in place.. it is in the vault shuttle mission and any other missions you play as a team that has more then one option of dialog.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 506
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
why are you guys trying to make something so complicated to fix this issue..

just impose a vote to kick option.. once everyone votes, the majority wins. or you can even make it a 100% thing where everyone has to vote yes. (except for the person being voted on lol)

they already have a voting system in place.. it is in the vault shuttle mission and any other missions you play as a team that has more then one option of dialog.
Because a vote to kick has the potential to be abused. Any feature needs to be 100% positive that someone who is kicked is a leecher otherwise it will be opposed. Have a option that flags someone as a leecher and then have the game monitor that person and if they do nothing useful they are booted that is so much better then a simple vote to kick.
Career Officer
# 507
06-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
just impose a vote to kick option..
Good luck. Just be prepared to get griefed by teams of idiots who will vote to kick you simply because they can. No matter how many times a dumb idea is posted, it's still dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Career Officer
# 508
06-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Good luck. Just be prepared to get griefed by teams of idiots who will vote to kick you simply because they can. No matter how many times a dumb idea is posted, it's still dumb.
if they do it like wow that wont happen
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 509
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
If they get organized enough to have enough people on a team for the sole purpose of griefing someone with vote kicks, then they aren't pugging/queuing.

It's far more likely that the majority of "griefing" complaints that would be made about getting kicked will be coming from the deadbeat leechers that will be pissed that they can't get away with goofing off anymore.
Career Officer
# 510
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
It's far more likely that the majority of "griefing" complaints that would be made about getting kicked will be coming from the deadbeat leechers that will be pissed that they can't get away with goofing off anymore.
Not sure about that. For sure there will be plenty of people getting kicked because they don't have the right gear, don't "play right", or have a ship name someone doesn't like, or isn't flying the ship they're "supposed to" etc. IMO any player vote system is open to abuse and will do more harm than good, so they're a bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Closed Thread