Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,950
# 511
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Not sure about that. For sure there will be plenty of people getting kicked because they don't have the right gear, don't "play right", or have a ship name someone doesn't like, or isn't flying the ship they're "supposed to" etc. IMO any player vote system is open to abuse and will do more harm than good, so they're a bad idea.
this how ya do it in wow say i want to kick you a screen then pops up for me i then in that screen sate a reason for why i want to kick you then after i click ok a screen then pop for the other 3 my reason and yes or no

do you really this getting any more abused then the report spam ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 06-21-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 99
# 512
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Vote-to-Kick is an excellent idea!
It will fix multiple problems:

1. Leechers will be removed from game
2. All these multicolor boats and weak ship configs will be removed from STF
3. Players of nations I don't like to play with (because of, for example, language barrier making coordination impossible) will no longer be a problem
4. Trolls and players not listening comands of more experienced players will have time to regret their actions after kick
5. Players who don't mind learnig STF basics (like correct generator detonation method etc.) will get the best lesson possible.
6. Players who didn't participated in mission enough, may be kicked just before mission end, to no longer recive reward for their crappy performance.
etc. etc.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 513
06-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathray38 View Post
Vote-to-Kick is an excellent idea!
It will fix multiple problems:

1. Leechers will be removed from game
2. All these multicolor boats and weak ship configs will be removed from STF
3. Players of nations I don't like to play with (because of, for example, language barrier making coordination impossible) will no longer be a problem
4. Trolls and players not listening comands of more experienced players will have time to regret their actions after kick
5. Players who don't mind learnig STF basics (like correct generator detonation method etc.) will get the best lesson possible.
6. Players who didn't participated in mission enough, may be kicked just before mission end, to no longer recive reward for their crappy performance.
etc. etc.
7. It gets abused and then nobody STFs at all anymore

BTW I think point #4 counts as abuse. You're not awesome and entitled to order others around just because you think you are
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,950
# 514
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
7. It gets abused and then nobody STFs at all anymore

BTW I think point #4 counts as abuse. You're not awesome and entitled to order others around just because you think you are
i not saying they would try but its up to you to decide their fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 515
06-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
i not saying they would try but its up to you to decide their fate
I don't STF much, but if that got added I would flatly refuse to go near it. I already avoid zone chat for the abuse of the chat report system. I have seen people mistell that they were making an organized effort to get someone silenced on more than one occasion. Bad idea is bad and will never be good
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 954
# 516
06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
this how ya do it in wow say i want to kick you a screen then pops up for me i then in that screen sate a reason for why i want to kick you then after i click ok a screen then pop for the other 3 my reason and yes or no

do you really this getting any more abused then the report spam ?
Do you know how many people actually bother to read it? Go to their forums and check yourself. The had to add a cool down counter on it because during testing player proved it could be abused and would be by the general population fo the game. Most people have been found to click the yes without even reading. Either way the abuse is still there and people have still been kicked for:
-Making a beginners mistake, even in the low level dugeons where people are meant to learn a bit about playing their class in groups.

-Not having the gear that player x has decided is the minimum for that part of the game. Despite the fact they have the minimum needed as set by Blizzard or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

-Daring to ask the DPSers who are always "go, go ,go" to slow down a little.

-Daring to say they are new to that part of the game

-Letting someone die, even if it is the idiots own fault for standing in the fire.
So on and so on.

It is why no matter how much PvPers ask for it BLizzard has not given in and added it to BGs. They learnt that if even the so called "placid" PvE community in the game will abuse this feature the god help them if they added it to PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,950
# 517
06-21-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
I don't STF much, but if that got added I would flatly refuse to go near it. I already avoid zone chat for the abuse of the chat report system. I have seen people mistell that they were making an organized effort to get someone silenced on more than one occasion. Bad idea is bad and will never be good
and i have been reported spaming my self but i got in contact with a GM had it removed with in 3 hours im sure that GM would have not let them players get a way with it so far its not happen any more
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 518
06-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathray38 View Post
Vote-to-Kick is an excellent idea!
It will fix multiple problems:

1. Leechers will be removed from game
2. All these multicolor boats and weak ship configs will be removed from STF
3. Players of nations I don't like to play with (because of, for example, language barrier making coordination impossible) will no longer be a problem
4. Trolls and players not listening comands of more experienced players will have time to regret their actions after kick
5. Players who don't mind learnig STF basics (like correct generator detonation method etc.) will get the best lesson possible.
6. Players who didn't participated in mission enough, may be kicked just before mission end, to no longer recive reward for their crappy performance.
etc. etc.
Excellent post for why their should be no vote to kick because only #1 leechers will be removed from game is good.

All others are not valid reasons to kick someone. Kicking someone because they don't listen to someone is abuse. Kick someone because they use multiple weapon types is abuse. Kick someone because they don't know the basics of mission is abuse. Kick players because they just suck with crappy performance is abuse. Kicking someone because they don't speak the same language is abuse.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 519
06-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
and i have been reported spaming my self but i got in contact with a GM had it removed with in 3 hours im sure that GM would have not let them players get a way with it so far its not happen any more
That's pretty specious reasoning, I have a magic rock that keeps gorillas from infesting my house too. It works so far.

I'd love to know how you got that removed when nobody else I know ever managed to get the ticket acknowledged in the 24 hours of the silence so... there that is.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,073
# 520
06-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
7. It gets abused and then nobody STFs at all anymore
The ability to kick leechers and afkers didn't stop people from doing trials and TF's in CoH and they had the ability to kick the dead weight from teams for 8 years, so your argument has no substance.

Quote:
BTW I think point #4 counts as abuse. You're not awesome and entitled to order others around just because you think you are
That's exactly the type of argument that leechers and afkers use when they get kicked from teams.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 AM.